Fuck Heineken!!!

I remember Singha in the U.S. being of poor quality, too. Federal government regulations required it to be watered down, too high of an alcohol content for beer there,

Sam,

There are two versions of Singha in the US. Singha beer has an alcohol content of around 3.5%. Singha Malt Liquor has an alcohol content of around 6%. The difference is that some states such as Massachusetts have limits on alcohol content for beer.

Here in Florida we have the real thing, but I think it has a purer taste with less hang-over potential than the Thai equivalent.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn! I get too busy to log in for a week and a half or so and look at all the responses to this thread! This has garnered more interest than any other Food subject.

To whoever mentioned Beer Lao: I believe Beer Lao is owned and operated by a Thai businessman who is not active in the alcohol industry in Thailand. (At least, that's what Lonely Planet says.) I thought Beer Lao merely okay, nowhere near the fine quality of a Singha. The Lao script is derived from Thai, too, but LOOKS older, because it has not undergone the changes that Thai scripts have. Not as much outside influence and all that. (Thai script is credited to King Ramkhamhaeng in 1285, if I remember correctly, although he probably did not develop it personally, but rather one of his men did, and back then it was customary for kings to take credit for major happenings during their reign.)

As for those of you who think Heineken a superior product, I think you have just not consumed it properly. Kindly bend over and grasp your ankles tightly, and I'll help you consume a bottle of the stuff in a most becoming fashion. Or a can. biggrinsanta.gif

Singha Rules! hert.gif

I have to agree with Straycat. The first time I had San Miguel was in Madrid

I didn't contest that. What I said was that I believe the Spanish and Philippine companies are not linked to each other, they have the same name but otherwise are independent entities.

They are most likely independent entities. Graphics, logos etc on the bottle and the brew in it is (roughly) the same though. Like Carlsberg Denmark and Carlsberg Thailand. ;)

It's just a matter of who came first; San Miguel, PHI or San Miguel, ESP? My vote goes for Spain. But, I have no idea really.

It's just a matter of who came first; San Miguel, PHI or San Miguel, ESP? My vote goes for Spain. But, I have no idea really.

I don't know either but also believe that it was the Spanish company which came first and the Philippines copied it. ::

Actually based on the information I just found it appears as they are two totally different companies and that the Manilla company came first.

San Miguel, Fabricas De Cerveza y Malta S.A.

SAN MIGUEL S.A.

c/Urgell 240

E-08036 Barcelona

+34 932272300

+34 934193571

Opened 1957.

Capacity 3,000,000 bbl.

Says jp1:

San Miguel though is a Spanish beer, brewed under license in Hong Kong. It does not really count as an Asian beer. Taste fine though

Are you sure it's Spanish beer? As far as I know it's from the Philippines. ::

Just reading the thread..........

San Miguel IS a Spanish beer, just that the currect company name does NOT reflect its original date, cos the original brewery visited by me started in the 18th century....... early enough ?

Cheers !

Says Siam Sam:

MY taste, I'll state, as I've done before, that my absolute favorite beer in the world is the Trappist Monk stuff from Belgium. I hope that will satisfy you.

Sam,

Just did read the thread today ( I have a valid excuse as I was 3 weeks on holiday in south of LOS :) ) and you cannot fuck Heineken...... the poor man died last year........

But yes, Belgian beer rules :) :)

Cheers !

Archived