Fuck Heineken!!!

Why is Kloster now so hard to find in Bangkok... in the last couple of weeks almost all of the major retailers have run out...Foodland, Lotus, etc.

Personally I drink Kloster because I never have a headache or hangover even after 3 or 4 big ones....seems I always feel really bad after a few Heinekens or god forbid Singha....is the alcohol content that much lower in Kloster ? Every beer except Kloster has the strength stated on the label, mostly around 5.5 % . Does anyone know the weakest beer available in most places here in Bangkok ??

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because it has been rebranded or the company sold or whatever whatever ... and is now called klassik

Well that is my understanding and this 'new name' beer is appearing in all the old places Klosters used to appear ans will often be served in bars if you ask for Klosters.

the bottle and labeling are very similar

Just reading the thread..........

San Miguel IS a Spanish beer, just that the currect company name does NOT reflect its original date, cos the original brewery visited by me started in the 18th century....... early enough ?

BB,

yeah, early enough. :grinyes:

Best I know it was bought out by a rival. Not to be produced anymore. A couple of friends who are bar owners explained they couldn't get any about mid-December. Then when a heavyweight in Patpong said the same, I took it to be really true. I'm told the replacement is pretty close.

Lots of luck!

Nah Samak, just some leftover stuff in my brains from travel before.

San Miguel is a nice beer, mix between lager and darker stuff. I read before that in PHI actually people from San Miguel knocked out competition by trashing their bottles. The great investment there for a brewing company is bottles.

Its weird to think that they make BIG money when the beer is so cheap?? Makes you think.

Cheers! (HIC)

Says Straycat:

I agree. Tiger Beer, I believe is Singaporean (correct me if I'm wrong). It's a shame it's not sold in LOS since it seems to be available in any other SE Asian country. ...

Tiger is on my fav list too. Afair, they achieved a price for the best beer in Asia in 2000.

Archived