Nana Plaza to be demolished

PhilAnders

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cowboy probably the most expensive of those areas now drinks price wise. But its always been my favourite of the three and still is. But I must admit to having had more than a few good nights in NEP years ago, but its gone way down hill in recent years IMHO. The attitude of so many of the girls now seems to stink and as Munchie has said the whole of that area now seems to be far too popular with the "vest and flip flop" brigade.

Simie.

I will be also very happy to see Nana gone as many here agree that the attitude of most of the bars and girls had changed a lot. For instance the way some girls ask funny fees for ST.

On reflection I don't want to see it gone, otherwise its just another nail in the coffin for the nightlife scene, however, someone needs to take control, bang the barowners heads together (as well as those money-grabbing landowners) and come up with a plan that everyone can work too.

Common business sense says that if things are going badly then you do what you can to bring the punters back, promotions, cheaper drinks, lower barfines, girls with better attitude, cleaner etc etc.

If I was a barowner, I would rather have a packed house where I was making 30 baht a drink profit rather than 10% full making 100 baht a drink profit. It doesnt need a rocket sciencetist to work this out.

So no I dont want Nana to go but I do want it to be bought into the 21st century, hell even the 20th century would be a start....

Hope it will be destroyed soon as it's the most overpriced and hyped tourist trap in Thailand nightlife scene. I won't be missing it' date=' it has lost it's appeal to me years ago already. I'm actually just glad if the greedy bars get what they deserve.[/quote']

At least they dont try and rip off you with a bill of 1000baht for a drink like a certain bar area down the road does!!!! Not mentioning anynames but coughpatpongcough!!

If you're talking about Patpong then obviously you're a clueless idiot who hasn't been there in a couple of decades or perhaps you've never been there at all and are basing your statement on heresay and gossip. Obviously if you aren't talking about PP then I apologise profusely.

On the contary, only fairly reently myself and another board member visited the place and got scammed for 880 baht for two drinks.

We weren't best pleased and I chalked it down to experience but will never again visit a upstairs bar in this area again - which is a shame as I am sure I am giving some good bars a miss.

And before you start calling people "clueless idiots" check out the facts pls.

I'm with you, Chelseafan. (The only thing you're wrong about is that you're "in danger of giving some good bars a miss". You're not. :grin: )

This is a long standing, well-known, disagreement with 'Bizarro-Bibblies' Munchie but I fucking hate the place too.

Gave it another chance tonight.

1. No talent. This is a big one. I didn't see any girls I really wanted to fuck. (Unless I count the cute cousin of a girl I know whom I'd like to do because she's 'forbidden fruit'. ;) )

2. Annoying night market.

3. Far more annoying clueless tourists around (more than the 'flip flop' brigade in NP)

4. Annoying touts and taxi situation. (Yes, Munchie, I cross the road to Silom, McDonalds side, but why the fuck should I have to? :dunno: )

Nana's a shadow of what it was in the heydays of 1996-2000 but it's always been better than that dump. My dick is an impartial judge, not being snobby about where it finds its targets. And, over 14 years, I'm not sure I've even reached double figures in Patpong, such is the lack of talent.

And I've never been ripped off in an upstairs place because the 'talent' has always been so hideous that I've never sat down. :)

There you go, Munchie. :):stirthepo

Out of the 3 areas, I'd think Soi Cowboy would be the most logical development site. It's just next to Asoke, skytrain, Sukhumvit MRT, near Ratchada, Rama 4. By contrast, Sukhumvit 4's not very good in itself. People go there because of the nightlife, not because of anything else.

Bibs, as you say soi Cowboy would be a far better candidate for development than NEP due to its location. Thats worried me slightly for quite a few years as I've mentioned previously it by far my favourite of the 3 areas. And I would be sorry to see Cowboy go. NEP was still reasonable fun up to about 2002 or 2003 (although as you say probably had its best years a bit earlier than that?) but after that a rapid decline and has'nt been worth anything but the very odd visit for the last 3 or 4 years IMHO?

Simie.

Archived