Nana Plaza to be demolished

PhilAnders

And to Mr. Bibblies who is complaining about Asians walking too slow: what is the reason that western tourists - especialy the single males - always seem to be in some kind of hurry when walking on the streets of BKK? Did they have a spicy lunch and are looking for a toilet or is there something else?

I'm not Bibblies nor a tourist, but my explination is thus: I am 1.91 tall, and a lot of that leg. I have a long stride and a preferred pace. I am uncomfortable walking slower and/or taking what I would call "baby steps;" it feels unnatural.

And as CF mentioned, slow is not the real issue. It is the inability to walk in a straight line and all that weaving is (seemingly) timed just so as to get in the way of folks like me.

And why can't people pick a side of the sidewalk to walk on so as to avoid collisions??? Logic dictates that would be on the same side as one drives -- in LoS' case, left. But nooooooooooo...there is no rhyme/reason to walking in LoS. [/rant]

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ouch, it seems like some people now feel as having been kicked in the balls because of my comments on SC.

Nope. Why would they care what you think? It doesn't matter. You're not on some committee that decides its fate.

"Some people" just took issue with your silly reasoning for not liking those places and distortion of the facts. I'm not a Soi 33 fan either but I've never been 'dragged in'.

And to Mr. Bibblies who is complaining about Asians walking too slow: what is the reason that western tourists - especialy the single males - always seem to be in some kind of hurry when walking on the streets of BKK? ?

Because they have lives they value. No time to waste. They actually know where they're going.

:shakehead

Because they have lives they value. No time to waste. They actually know where they're going.

This sounds rather arrogant.

Does this imply that Asians do not have lives they value and do not know where they are going? Looks like the hurried male tourists consider themselves more important than anyone else?

Sorry to say so but if this is really what you meant then their attitude is disgusting.

This sounds rather arrogant.

Does this imply that Asians do not have lives they value and do not know where they are going? Looks like the hurried male tourists consider themselves more important than anyone else?

Sorry to say so but if this is really what you meant then their attitude is disgusting.

I really hope you don't have a job that involves logic or reasoning because your last 3 posts on this thread seem to lack those qualities.

People who are aware of others enough to appreciate that they may have different lives and needs and are considerate enough to let them past are the opposite of arrogant.

It's those who ignore those things - i.e. the ones who are in their own world' date=' inconsiderate and would enforce their own pace on others (even though it is a small courtesy for them to move to one side slightly) who are arrogant.

Nice to see you get so offended on the behalf of Asians for me simply answering your question. Was it more 'arrogant' than your assumption that Western males are all rushing to the toilet and associated implication that Asians shouldn't bother to be courteous?

I remember your post a while back on some incident that you said occurred about some "rude" Europeans. At the time, I believed your view of things. Your bizarre opinions on this thread have made me wonder what [i']really[/i] happened. Probably another complete misanalysis/misrepresentation of the facts?

To me, people who slow you down or get in your way are the arrogant/rude ones. It is as if they are saying "...slow down, and revolve around me, my pace and my time/life are more valuable than yours, and I really don't care where you are going, or how important it may be...I hate that.

I have to deal with it all the time here, people just walking where ever they want, at a snail's pace, never queuing up for anything, just walking where they damned well please, and cutting/barging in wherever they want, whenever they want, with no regard for anyone else.

Oh, I also get sick and tired of saying excuse me 3-4 times, and then they at best make a 1/2 assed gesture of moving, but not getting the fuck out of the way. Fuck these types, regardless of race. If this makes me arrogant, so fucking what? and what does it make them?

Archived