Thai Airways?

drogon

Worth the price?

I notice Thai airways is more expensive than many companies.

I have the opportunity to travel on a Thai flight

(direct flight but I do not care about that)

provided that in 2-3 weeks there are still some seats in silk class.

Their silk class ticket is on average 15-35% more expensive than other business class.

I would really like to fly on Thai again for this special trip but is it worth the added money?

Thanks for your answers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ya, they've lost the plot again pricewise and no they are not worth a premium over, say, Singapore.

Fer instance, price on TG for BKK-NRT then KIX-BKK was B32k. SQ was B29k.

BKK-LAX on TG is B58k in reg econ; on SQ, it is B50k in reg econ connecting in Taipei and B59k on the non-stop in prem econ.

If you have not flown them before, it is still impossible to beat SQ...

Cheers,

SD -- flying SQ again a lot more

for BKK-SIN SQ is usually more expensive in biz and coach!

for TG and SQ it depends very much on which route and on which plane. was recently on a very old lousy 744 of SQ in stoneage biz seats on SIN-PEK; but in general i agree that SQ is better!

to Drogon's question: it really depends with what airlines you compare and on what route!

Madrid-Bangkok

compared to luftwaffe, aeroflot, SAS, turkish airline and maybe Swiss airlines.

(only airlines with prices under 3k)

For personal reasons I refuse to fly Turkish or Aeroflot.

Never flew Swiss except on intra European flights.

Unluckily no EVA air flights here and the flights from Amsterdam are fully booked.

this flight is on a 747 which is always a bit a lottery as they have still some with old seats!

but it is a direct flight!

turkish is now staralliance member!

with Swiss you have to fly through Zurich; they fly with a A340 to BKK; seats in biz very good (pretty similar as the newest in TG, but not 180degree decline), but service and food worse then TG

Luftwaffe better seats than Swiss, but service and food even worse and Frankfurt as hub can be a nightmare!

so after all i strongly recommend Aeroflot! best Wodka of all and free flow of Kaviar! :neener:

I recently flew TG business London-Bangkok-Sydney and back for £2650 return, which was a pretty good price.. So keep an eye on them cos they have some good deals. And if you get Star Alliance gold, you can get the occasional free upgrade when you retain status.

Archived