The truth about Airbus?

Flashermac

Alright.....you caught me. But I think it will be before pigs fly. Airlines would love to get rid of that overhead of paying pilots.

I'm sure they'll someday cut it to one or somehow have 2 on the flight deck for takeoffs and landings and have the other guy sit down in back and only pay him for the time actually working. Someday it'll happen but I'm sure not in our lifetimes.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being that it's the tail section ( emponage ) thats in question , chances are 50/50 that it was made in Chengdu PRC. Before I retired a few years ago , i had a corporate account Northrup Grumman who was subcontracted by Boeing for producing the Emponage (sp?) for the 757's , we would bring them into Los Angeles and via rail to Dallas.

They came in sets , 2 verticals , the horizontal and the 48-section , the cone shaped thingy they both connect into at the tail, section.

After the Dallas inspection they went to Seattle for assembly onto the aircraft. Dallas also had set made there too. Shipping one after the other.

I met Airbus people in Chengdu who were doing the same biz there as Boeing. Don't remember for which aircraft. I think the 320's.

For you 737 fans , the emponage is made in Xian , PRC and sent to Wichita , KA for assembly.

When in the air , thank China when you arrive safely.... :wave:

Bada :beer: Bing

Finally the facts are exposed and the Boeing supporting gossip mongering from the "experts" is clear to see...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/8130989.stm

Air France jet 'broke on impact'

French investigators trying to find out why an Air France plane crashed in the Atlantic say they believe it broke up on contact with water, not in the air.

They said they reached that conclusion after examining the plane's wreckage.

All 228 people aboard the plane were killed when it plunged into the ocean en route from Rio de Janeiro to Paris on 1 June.

Teams looking for the plane's flight data recorders will continue operations for another 10 days.

Alain Bouillard, of the BEA accident investigation agency, said the plane probably hit the water "in the direction of flight and with a strong vertical acceleration".

He said that the plane's speed sensors had been "a factor but not the cause" of the crash.

"We are still some distance away from establishing the causes of the accident," he said.

There has been speculation that the old-style speed sensors may have given the plane's pilots faulty information.

In the wake of the crash, Air France accelerated an existing programme to replace speed monitors on its Airbus planes.

Mr Bouillard also said the search for the Airbus A330's data recorders would be extended to 10 July.

Search teams have recovered 51 bodies from the ocean but said last month that finding any more remains was "impossible".

Archived