Soi Cowboy report

As for taking your wife to Soi Cowboy, that is up to each couple. I do know guys who have taken their wives into some of the bars.

I would think that in *MOST* relationships where this occurs, the girl in question would have to be from a P4P background. Your average Thai office working girl for example would probably have kittens if you told her you wanted to take her to a P4P area.

Actually, I have first hand knowledge that leads me to believe that it will vary from individual among those with same or similar backgrounds. Actual scenario. I know four Thai sisters (all married to farangs and living in the U.S.); all uni grads in Thailand; all "professionals" in the sense that one is a physical therapist in a US hospital; one is a nurse practicioner in the US with her Masters in Nursing from a respected US university; one owns about 3 or 4 Thai restaurants; another is just a cute mom with a degree. All but one, when living in Thailand were curious and interested in going to Soi Cowboy. They'd heard about it, but couldn't let on that they wanted to experience it. 5555555555 (Ok, one of the four expressed repulsion at the idea, but the other three wanted to go.)

HH

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, it's somewhere they would go because they're curious, and because they've heard about it and want to see what goes on there. Once they've gone and had a look to satisfy that curiosity they more-than-likely would never set foot in the place again.

Remember that Soi Cowboy, Nana, Patpong etc (and yes, just talking about the farang places in this instance) are really as far away from traditional Thai culture as you can get.

Trouble is, the only "Thailand" a lot of guys see are those three areas I mentioned, and 99% of the Thai people that they meet are bar girls or people employed in some way in the P4P scene.

Then they come home saying they "know and understand" Thailand when nothing could be further from the truth IMHO.

Because the only wife you can have ius one that's lilly white virgin when you married her - and would never do anything interesting? Missionary position only?

Gees you guys have odd ideas about women! You don't think maybe they might want to have fun?

So - Piggy - how come in Australia the "Male Revues" where all the house wifes go to see naked buff men are so popular?

Ahhh - I see - all those women used to be whores?

Grow a brain and have some respect for the opposite sex guys.

So - Piggy - how come in Australia the "Male Revues" where all the house wifes go to see naked buff men are so popular?

Totally different cultures!!

How can you compare western culture where nudity and sexual freedom is a LOT more accepted than it is in Thai culture?? :dunno:

You can't - chicks aren't the same as each other across cultural divides just because they're female.

Thailand being Thailand, if this was something the average Thai woman wanted to see, someone would have jumped at the money-making opportunity and set up a male revue show or something similar. I've never heard of "Thai Boyz Afloat" or anything similar there!

Never been in one, but how many Thai women go to male gogo bars?? Yeah, they're for the gay market, but I'm sure a woman could go there and "pick up" or have a perve on some hot flesh if they wanted to. Never heard about that though.

You can't even show kissing in Thai TV, whereas here you can show sex scenes, nudity, the whole shebang.

Anyway, guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one! :beer:

I'd beg to differ - the obvious sex and nudity is "semi" frowned on here - but Mia nois etc totally accepted - by the hi so elete on down.

I think your the one viewing thailand through strange coloured glasses

Well its never arisen so I've never had to think about it and I doubt it ever would because its not her sort of place. But if you really want an answer I would'nt stop her if she said she was going. Just as a side note I have been to Cowboy with her many times and its not a problem. You seem to assume that people only go to places like Cowboy to pick up tarts. Thats not the case as it happens and if I was going to fool around their are many places e.g. MP's that I'd be far more likely to go. As I mentioned previously whores are readily available in my favourite bar in soi 33 but I like many people go there to drink with mates and watch the rugby and have never taken a girl from there. You might be more relaxed about the whole thing if you try and put aside your western preconceptions for a while and adopt a more asian mindset about it?

Simie.

OK I'm listening. There's no way I'd let my wife go hang out at Thermae, so we have a huge difference there (also no way she'd let me go there). If your experience is common, it means things are just way different there, and this seems like it's due to a place like SC existing at all -- which let's face it, that (a huge place where sex is the main attraction, and its very in your face) only exists in a Bangkok and Pattaya. You say 'western preconceptions' and I'd still disagree there cuz as far as I can tell it's 'non-Bangkok preconceptions' (even then, isn't it really just a tiny sliver of Bangkok?) -- to me it looks more like you're existing in a weird little bubble over there.

So I'm not assuming people only go there to pick up, I'm acknowledging that sex is the main attraction there, and the picking up part is one main component. I'm acknowledging that there is a stigma attached to it in the minds of most Thais. What guys who go there actualy do once they're there (maybe they just play checkers) is beside the point. The perception is that the place is about sex. Saying that there's lots of people who go there just to listen to the music seems to be pretending not to get what Soi Cowboy and Nana are famous for. Maybe you didn't notice. :nahnah:

I tend to agree with CTO, 'even' Thai women can have a curiosity and be titilated by gogo style nudity. It takes some getting over ingrained inhibitions, but they can, and can also admit they enjoy it.

My case with Noi as in recent TR.

Granted, she works a small MP in JT, but until 3 months ago was a waitress in a good Thai restaurant in Sakhon Nakon, hadn't had sex in three years, and never seen a bare breast of pussy except for her own. She may not be Hiso background, more likely just poor Isan farming stock, but basically conservative background. Quite conservative, although now she will occasionally do HJ for a client. (and F..k me of course).

When i first took her to see a gogo, she was gobsmacked, but soon started to look carefully, because she had never seen a nude woman before. Curiosity.

She then asked to go back, and at the second visit (conservative AW) admitted (and demonstrated ) that she was getting turned on by what she saw. As for her putting my hand on a playgirl's naked breast, well, I don't think she was disgusted at all.

Archived