Largest Snake Encountered?

shygye

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The largest snake I've seen in Thailand was a cobra that I estimated to be nearly 6-feet long! I was on a Pattaya golf course and walking toward my ball, when I noticed this large snake crossing the fairway laterally. Both were another 150-yards ahead I wanted to see the snake close up. I wasn't worried as I had a golf club in hand [protection]and was wearing sun glasses [maybe it was a spitting cobra?]. I ran toward the snake, getting within about 30-40 feet when it saw me and _quickly_ slithered into the adjacent jungle. I shocked to find that a snake that large could move as fast as it did!!

The largest snake I ever saw was at the US Army's Jungle Warfare School, in Panama. They displayed a captured boa which they indicated was 24-feet long. It was being held by 6-people as it was displayed to the troops.

The smallest snake I ever saw belonged to this guy getting a BJ on a couch at Soi-6, in Pattaya.

He should have been embarrassed and gotten a room rather than exposing others to his micro worm.

Largest snake was well over 5 meters long, in Singapore as a kid, it was kept in a temple as a religious animal.

In Thailand regularly see snakes, most days I see at least one, usually small,

Largest in wild about 2 m I guess. Not so close to measure it!

In Thai captivity well over 3m

Common to eat them my way.

Archived