Ron Paul Calls for Audit of US Gold Reserves

cavanami

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I've said before, I think tackling health care so early was a big mistake. That said, it doesn't kick in for a few years yet, right? So, it doesn't have an affect right now.

I'm not sure what is a good plan now. Ride it out? Dems want to spend. No surprise there. Spending your way out of a economic downturn is typical of the party. Not saying it won't work. I do't know. Its what I expected Obama to do as a Democrat.

I don't know what the Republican plan is. I used to think I know but not sure. Is it the usual remove a bunch of regulations for big companies so they can hire? In some cases it does work. There are some rules and regulations that do stifle commerce and are restrictive. However, the assumption is the companies want to hire, specifically American workers. That's BS. Their primary concern is making money. If that means moving a factory overseas, its what they're gonna do. Its what I would do. As much as I would like to think I'll keep a factory here and hire Americans, if I have stockholders who demand the biggest bang for their buck, I have a fiduciary duty to do it. Its the smaller companies that do the 'keep the factory in this town because its my civic duty' thing. Nike and the huge ones will do what ever it can to make a buck. As it should...within the law and its up to 'us' (the government) to make sure they don't go overboard. That's a fine line and is tricky to get right.

Lowering corporate taxes is tricky. Corporations are smart. You sometimes end up getting less revenue from companies who find a way of paying less tax on the little money they repatriate to the U.S. from overseas or whatever.

Building up the infrastructure which is both needed and provides jobs seems one of the few things that will probably work in my humble opinion.

The other obvious is cutting waste, pork and the rest but that won't happen. Not with the Congress we have now.

One of the founders talked about a national lottery a few hundred years ago as a 'tax on the willing'. That's a way of raising some money. Work with it in conjunction with state lotteries so you don't kill that golden goose for the states. The state as well as the invidual gets a cut of it. I've heard estimates that the pot could regularly go in the hundreds of millions.

Anyone have any ideas?

"...Accurate Forecasters

Gold may rise as high as $1,500 next year, 21 percent more than the $1,240 traded at 1:45 p.m. in London, according to the median in a Bloomberg survey of 29 analysts, traders and investors. Dan Brebner, an analyst at Deutsche Bank in London who is the most accurate forecaster so far this year, says the metal may reach $1,550..."

Then what? hover there? sharp fall? I seem to recall reading the "experts" thought there was actually a lot more gold in the ground than previously thought/believed...so would more supply effect prices? or is this just another man manipulated commodity?

Archived