New computer

khunsanuk

Hi,

Thanks, guys.

zzzz, not really interested in just upgrading, plan to hand my current PC down to the kids.

Carlton, gaming isn't a real issue. I do most of my real gaming on the PS3, so no need to buy a more expensive card just for the occasional game.

What case & board would you suggest?

Definitely want additional cooling, but not sure what to use. Neither of your suggestions are listed.

PSU, okay, so suggestion?

Sanuk!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always had good luck with jib. www.jib.co.th

They have branches all over, maybe in Fortune too. Hardware house is similar, but I find their prices to be higher than jib in Pattaya and the service to be less personal. Don't trust the website prices too much--often you find the prices at the actual stores to be lower (or even sometimes higher), and so comparing online may not translate directly to your actual instore experience.

Hi,

"Are you going to give a non-functional PC to your kids?"

It is functional (using it now). I just don't trust it enough anymore to use for paid work. I also think that part of the problem is not having reinstalled Windows for 4 years and it just having accumulated junk. Before the kids get it, the entire harddisk will be wiped and Ubuntu will be installed on it.

Stick, thanks for the info on HH. And LK, thanks for the recommendation of Jet Computer.

Now all I need is a more detailed recommendation of what to actually buy :)

Sanuk!

I see you've already gotten some good advice from hardforum. I agree with the guy--Vista is crap. I'm running Windows 7 x64 now, which means I can have more than 3 gigs of ram. Doubt you need that much ram, but if you do, it's the way to go.

Most shops will install win 7 on the sly for you at no extra charge, not that you would do that. :D

Archived