The Beginning

Only from a scientific point of view, and not religious, what is everyone's view of the begining of the universe. From what I have read it seems the big bang theory is the most excepted, non religious version of events, ie ... scientists have apparently proved everything is slowly moving outwards in direction in the universe, and if reversed back in time orginates from one spot. Before that the universe was absolute nothing. This really is incredible, from a spot, an explosion to have created all the matter in our universe, and beyond.

So before the big bang it was nothing? Inside what? Did other parallel universes, if they exist, occur in the same way? Where did the matter come from to fuel the big bang?

"Before" is a temporal statement and time itself was created in the big bang. Consequently if there is no time then temporal statements like "before" or "after" have no meaining. This is what I read in a book about physics. Don't ask me to explain it because I can't.

The concept of parallel universes is a much younger theory and physisists still have a lot to explain.

In the end of the book "God and the new phisics" Paul Davies writes "If one is searching for a god physics might be a better path to follow than religion. I suspect he is right.

" Where did the matter come from to fuel the big bang ? "

Are you saying the theory of the big bang is wrong ?

No, simply that the idea of a singularity seems an oversimplification since at its approximation general relativity becomes moot then what?

Is it "the" singularity by definition of the word or just "a" singularity.

So before the big bang it was nothing? Inside what? Did other parallel universes, if they exist, occur in the same way? Where did the matter come from to fuel the big bang?

"in there beginning there was nothing, the god said "let there be light" and there was light._

** note there was still nothing, but now you could see it**