• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 cavanami

cavanami

I've outlived my dick!

• Board Sponsors
  • 15287 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 03:35

Get in a wheel chair and you will go thru the premium lane!
Pam (Jim's GF): "Do you actually put your dick in her?"

Jim Morrison (The Doors): "Well...yes...sometimes."

#12 radioman

radioman

Pot Licker

• Board Sponsors
  • 3078 posts
  • LocationBangkok - mostly

Posted 07 August 2017 - 04:25

If you're not shy about this it could be quite fun. Book assisted passage, it's usually a no cost option and available pretty much any time up to a day or so before check in. It will help to hobble as far as check in, if you can, then advise that you booked assisted passage. The wheelchair and attendant should be forthcoming and that should be it. No more queuing with the great unwashed, premium lane all the way. Wheelchair to the plane door and then the same again at your destination.
S.H.I.T
Shit Happens In Thailand. It's a recursive acronym.

#13 buffalo_bill

buffalo_bill

Heart broken

• Board Sponsors
  • 4237 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:31

Gentlemen ,

looking at the estimated average age of the esteemed boardmembers passing Premium Lane should not be a problem any more as the Thai government in it´s ubiquitous wisdom decided to open it for people showing age of more than 69 years . Which is then minimum 70 . Any nationality .

#14 Flashermac

Flashermac

Curmudgeon

• Board Sponsors
  • 53996 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:31

View Postradioman, on 07 August 2017 - 04:25, said:

If you're not shy about this it could be quite fun. Book assisted passage, it's usually a no cost option and available pretty much any time up to a day or so before check in. It will help to hobble as far as check in, if you can, then advise that you booked assisted passage. The wheelchair and attendant should be forthcoming and that should be it. No more queuing with the great unwashed, premium lane all the way. Wheelchair to the plane door and then the same again at your destination.

A friend did this with KAL when he flew to the States this year. (He has a little trouble walking, but no more tha I do. It comes with age, and we're both past 70.)   Anyway, he said the service was great in Bangkok and Seoul, but it turned to shite once he was in the States. American carriers suck. (In fact, most things suck in the US these days.)   :(
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

#15 bust

bust

Beach Inspector

• Board Sponsors
  • 13105 posts
  • LocationNot where I should be

Posted 07 August 2017 - 10:45

So given a 4 hour delay at check-in my guess is the flights were probably delayed an equal amount of time which means you get to spend 4 hours stuck in a wheel chair with the assistant :surprised:
"I get enough exercise just pushing my luck"

#16 bust

bust

Beach Inspector

• Board Sponsors
  • 13105 posts
  • LocationNot where I should be

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:07

Any updates on whether they have addressed the problem?
"I get enough exercise just pushing my luck"

#17 khunsanuk

khunsanuk

Board Admin

• Administrators
  • 24747 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 07:13

Hi,

If they are anything like the MRTA then I wouldn't hold my breath.

With the opening of the purple line the MRTA has become even more busy that it already was. In the morning a 15-20 minute wait (no way to get on at least the first 4 trains) has become the norm. Obvious solution is of course to add an extra carriage during rush hour. What does MRTA do instead? Create signs for their staff to walk around with saying stuff like "Please squeeze in".

Sanuk!

#18 Pretendingtobemale

Pretendingtobemale

Pooh-Bah

• Board Sponsors
  • 1900 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 09:38

If you time your arrival right, during uni hours, it's quite an enjoyable squeeze :)
לעבן צו פּאַלעסטינע

#19 Flashermac

Flashermac

Curmudgeon

• Board Sponsors
  • 53996 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 15:04

I used to ride the buses quite often in the1980s. If you were careful about where you stood, it was almost like getting a body massage.  :)
A happy childhood... is the worst possible preparation for life. - Kinky Friedman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users