Married a Thai lady in Thailand - pay a dowry?

Stickman

I did not pay dowry, mother-in-law did not want anything.

My wife was a widow and she had a child.

Mother-in-law thought that it is enough if I take care of the boy. And my wife's former thai husband had payed a dowry. ::

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know of a Thai model who married a doctor, all Chinese Thai, dowry was 1 million plus about 50 baht of gold, these people are quite high up in society, Your comment is too general, 2 million baht for an educated 28 yr old woman never married? The issue is alot more complicated than this.

I think Stick needs to find out what the relatives are thinking first without actually asking them, Mrs Stick should be able to give him some idea as to her parents thoughts on the matter and in the end thats what's important, not what everyone else has done.

A cousin of my wife is about to get married and his parents offered a 1million sinsot which was rejected and they asked for 2 million. That's what they have to cough up now.

Good for them they still have a younger daughter!!

Cheers,

Limbo

Hi Jingjoh, I was comparing my example with the dossier of information supplied by Kansansal's Thai friend's figures.I know that these are general,but my example is fact ..She is under 28,actually only 22,recently graduated and the wedding is set for September,south of Bkk. I've met this girl and was surprised that she had finished college as to me,she only looked about 16, but I then saw her graduation album. Now these people have big money but you would not know that by the way they live ie..nothing flashy!!! I also know the job that her future husband has so it is no surprise that the Sin Sot is 2 million. My main point in the post was for members not to think that those figures are set in stone and indeed to concur with others that said that there are wide variables on this matter. As for myself,when the day comes,I would certainly pay the Sin Sot. All The Best... aussiejohn.

One way to look at it is to use the following mathematical solution:-

Take the amount of dowry you are offering (X) and divide by (the number of times you make love per week times 52) multiplied by (the probability your marriage will last times the average life expectancy of a Thai lady minus her current age).

If the answer is more than the cost of a short time then you are paying too much !!

Says MadStockBroker:

One way to look at it is to use the following mathematical solution:-

Take the amount of dowry you are offering (X) and divide by (the number of times you make love per week times 52) multiplied by (the probability your marriage will last times the average life expectancy of a Thai lady minus her current age).

If the answer is more than the cost of a short time then you are paying too much !!

MSB,

I would like to nominate your post as 'post of the day' !!!!

Just to find out if 'it' works :

- say I'm really horny every day, but 1 day per week with friends and 1 day too drunk, so 5 x per week, 260 per year

- say I'll get married for 20 years, she's 25 and I'm 47.....

- so that would be 260 x 20 x 1000 = 5.2 million Bt Hmmmmmmm, lemme think that over :(

Cheers !

[color:"red"]If that's the rate, then falang wife cost me 100,000+ Baht a screw.

[/color]

Hey, what about her cooking, cleaning, conversation, massage, companionship, sweet talking, ego boosting and etc., how much are those cost?

Poor women, we are not just only good in bed!! :banghead::neener:

Jasmine :grinyes:

Here is a different twist to this whole debate:

What if the parents are basically not really decent people? There are numerous reasons why I've reached this conclusion. My finacee's family wants 200,000 and 10 baht gold - none of which will be returned, yet it was grandma who raised and cared for my fiancee while she was growing up.

Mon and Dad live in a small house with running water, toilet, stove. etc., yet grandma lives in what could only be described as a shack. As near as I can tell, parents do not support grandma.

Is there a way I can by-pass the parents and give everything to grandma? I mean this in all seriousness. I don't have as much of a problem with the dowry as I do with who it is going to.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Archived