Things that anonoy you

Shit-Spattered Dog

Beer on ice.

This one thing ( besides the cell phones covered in earlier post(s)) drives slivers under my finger nails. This practice seems to prevail in Karaoke joints where I hope it dies a sudden death.

While I was with my GF in a couple of forementioned places, she would order the food and drinks after we sat down. The waitress would bring over a drink stand and place it beside our table. She would also place a large ice bucket filled with ice cubes on it, along with our open bottles of beers. She returned to refill our drinks from the open bottles but before she poured she would drop a few cubes of ice into the glasses before topping off.

I just sat there stunned as I watched these floating cubes slowly desolve into clear, cold water, turning my nice glass of beer into an icy cocktail of water and beer. I was pretending to enjoy my GF singing, but all the while I was filled with terror and horror as I pushed this waterly mixture of hops and pure water closer to my lips. But being a true male I had to drink it and make it look like I was really enjoying this lovely glass of fine golden nector.

In my personal life, I for one never mix water with beer ( tomato juice maybe with or with out a dash of salt ) but never ice cubes. I looked around in shock as I saw the rest of the partying partons lovingly enjoying their watered down pints.

My world is a changen..... :dunno:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, but believe it or not I have a friend who insists on having a glass of ice to pour his beer into.

And, get this...

He is convinced it helps him stay sober longer. :)

He is still drinking the same amount of alcohol, but it is watered down. And, IMO, it tastes horrible.

True, it may be taking him longer to drink, but, come on...

I must admit on rare occasions I have been served a beer so warm I have asked for a glass of ice. But, I have not enjoyed drinking that watered-down version.

Hi,

You quoted :

"Beer on ice. "

I think you mean Ice in Beer ....Ice in beer is terrible and I always aviod it...All my relatives love having ice in their beer but I just say NO! if they try to put it in mine....

On the other hand, beer on ice so as to stay cold is great.... :: :D

SB.

As disgusting and perverted as this might seem, I have now joined the ranks of the 'iced beer' drinkers.... the whole concept just grew on me I guess.

I particularly enjoy ice in my beer when I'm having a meal, if I'm out to get p****d then It's beer mai sai nam Keng!

I'd say I have ice in my beer maybe 33% of the time.

Man, I know where you're coming from. I too hate all those ice cubes in my glass, it's horrible, especially when you order a coke or something... TiT. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead

>In my personal life, I for one never mix water with beer ( tomato juice maybe with or with out a dash of salt ) but never ice cubes. I looked around in shock as I saw the rest of the partying partons lovingly enjoying their watered down pints.

At home, Thais seem to love ice in their beer. For some reason, if it's Heineken, they don't do that or I have not seen them.

IME, only Beer Chang gets watered. (personally, I think anything poured into that piss can only improve it's taste).

Before, when used to I drink, I always enjoyed a couple of large Singhas, back to back, in the afternoon. :drunk:

So one time I'm in Chiang Mai and I ask the barmaid for a large Singha and she proceeds to grab one from the bar display instead of from the glass doored fridge right there. I caught her before she opened it and said, "No, not that one, I'd like one from the fridge", and she did as I asked.

So, guess what, the beer from the fridge was as warm as piss. Being a relative newcomer to Thailand I was foolish enough to comment, "Hey, this beer is warm". Her reply was, "Yes sir, be cold tonight." What can you do but smile? ::

What annoy's me is the email I got today , from a girl who I have not seen in a while , telling me how nice it was to see me on Valentines Day , and hopes I will see her again before she leaves for ( country not named ) in a week. Sheesh , what a ( you know the word I want to put here ) of a lady.

Badahislistofladiesjustgot1shorterBing

:cussing:

Archived