Things that anonoy you

Shit-Spattered Dog

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says pattaya127:

NOISE

Why do thais need noise all over the place?

--------------------------------------------------

Yeah! That's another one. Though I must say I did not know what was noise until i went to India! They are pros. I took a nightly bus to Madras, and the speakers were blasting away at full volume. In Thailand, I get annoyed, but there, I was near to cut the wires in a rage on the next possible occasion. If I had some cutters, I would have done it.

Also know what your mean, but why stop at only the speakers, continue up to the driver's seat and cut his horn wire. Now you will have a nice quieter ride....inexchange for many glaring eyes staring at you from more than a few annoyed Indian partyers... never found anything in Thailand which came close to matching the noise on a bus or small village. Small villages always have several Hindu or other faith temples wired to the cheapest stereo and speakers one can buy from the local garage ( IE main market ) sale. They then crank up the volume well past the rated limits on the speakers. And with the treble set to the max the resulting sound is truly awful. Also they dangle the speakers outdoors on a mast making it the highest point on the temple.

If someone else raises their speakers higher then the other Temple has to lift theirs higher to drown out the other guy's.

Ouch!... That's annoying ::

One former annoyance... Shops with large amounts of English signage or even advertising on English-language websites but not a single employee who speaks English.

And for some reason it seems that the fewer errors in grammar or spelling the less likely you are to find an English speaker available on the premises.

<<<When I'm looking around in a shop, especially when shopping for clothes, these shopkeepers follow me as if being on a leash. I usually don't mind being followed by ladies, but COME ON can't we have some time anymore to choose and/or look around?

Yes, I notice that this happens in a variety of stores in Thailand, and it annoys me too >>>

This is done to prevent shoplifting.

Says Zaad:

When I'm looking around in a shop, especially when shopping for clothes, these shopkeepers follow me as if being on a leash.

There is a great deal of fun to be had here zaad! There is a thing I do that I used to do just to annoy my GF, but now I do it because she laughs so hard she falls down!

Buy some unique piece of junk like an elephant made of shells. When you are in another shop and you get the sales girl on your heels, wait until she looks away for a second. Then pretend you picked the item off a shelf. Ask her how much and they are speachless, but will come up with a price. Then bargain hard with them They are so confused because they know they don't sell those items that they are at quite a loss. It is hilarious, especially when the rest of the girls gather to consider a price. I have only bought it back once.

The first two times I did it my GF got angry with me. She laughed the third time, and after that began suggesting particularly ugly (and cheap) items to buy for this purpose. Now as soon as she sees me break it out in shops she has to leave as the happy tears stream down her face. I swear, twice my GF laughed so hard she fell down at the entrance to the shop!

another thing, I guess it's not annoying per se, but it annoys me about the culture that promotes such behaviour, is the importance of acquiring gold and most of all, wearing it both (or either) as a show off and a projection of one's worth. i am glad that we in the west, at least the hundreds of people i meet on a yearly basis, have gone beyond this kind of vanity. I mean a lot of gold, not just a nice little bracelet or necklace. There are times to adorn oneself, but to do it everyday, frankly I find this vulgar.

Archived