Lying Farang

Khun_Kong

Says harlequinbkk:

[color:"red"] A cynical viewpoint i know but you have to remember these girls are there to hustle you and this is just another of the tricks of the trade.
[/color]

I think this is a fair assessment. There are certain professions, prostitution among them, that have a corrupting influence on people who engage in them. Perhaps in their own minds they rationalize their dishonesty as a legitimate 'trick of the trade'.

Harlequin

Pray do tell what is dishonest about prostitution per se? There is a difference between stating that prostitution is dishonest and a dishonest individual who is a prostitute.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] Your topic reminds of a conversation I had with a female Thai english teacher [/color]

There are always 2 sides to a story.

Are you sure you have heard the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

He is a 'piece of scum ' and a 'fucking loser' in your book already but unable to defend himself.

It seems like there is frequently bullshit in both directions - but I have the impression that the BGs may carry bigger shovels. ::

Says jacko:

[color:"red"] Your topic reminds of a conversation I had with a female Thai english teacher
[/color]

There are always 2 sides to a story.

Are you sure you have heard the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

He is a 'piece of scum ' and a 'fucking loser' in your book already but unable to defend himself.

Well let's see first she is not a BG but that would not exclude her from bullshitting. Secondly there is no excuse in my book for a guy who does not provide financial support for a child. I don't care if it was a mere 1000bt a month. You have to provide something for the child. That in my book makes him a piece of shit. I don't care what his rational is or if he is unable to provide his side of the story. There is no defense for a man who has all of his physical and mental faculties when it comes to purposely not providing for your child.

I have the impression that the BGs may carry bigger shovels.

My experience is that farang men carry the biggest shovels of all we are competitive by nature and our cultures teach to "win" at almost any expense. I have heard more bullshit and lies from farang men during my travels in LOS that would put any BG to shame.

I was only once in the situation that a person in Thailand lied to me to get some money (I mean a real lie, not only cheating on prizes or so):

A farang told me that all his money was stolen and that he needed some money to leave thailand. Naiv as I was at that time I gave him 500 baht.

Best regards

[color:"red"] My experience is that farang men carry the biggest shovels of all we are competitive by nature and our cultures teach to "win" at almost any expense. I have heard more bullshit and lies from farang men during my travels in LOS that would put any BG to shame. [/color]

Well, I am of course in no position to dispute your experience, but I aways felt the Oriental need to save 'face' produced some whoppers! And my time in the Western USA helps me see your side too. (Not only from watching Judge Judy and Jerry Springer!)

My perspective is that, during my times in LOS, both work and play, the bullshit from the locals was miles high. Excuses for not getting something done often verged on the ridiculous.

You must come across a better class of Thai and worse class of falang than me.

The 'sweet young woman' has been badly mistreated from what I read. But is handling it with a great dignity. The likelihood is you are correct in your evaluation of the absent father. ::

I was never in Pattaya!!! And I think I won't go there on my next visit neither. Maybe because it is too wellknown?!?

Best regards

I can relate a few stories.

1. Loy Krathong, Chiang Mai 2002. My GF is in a parade for the second straight evening and won't be free for a few hours. I head to the beer bars next to Star Six to waste some time and brain cells. It is about 10PM. As I near a bar on the end, there is a girl sitting at a near empty bar, crying over a beer. She was about 22, beautiful, tiny and dressed in immaculte stunning Lanna dress. I ordered a beer a sat there for a while. I complimented her on her dress, and ALMOST got a smile. WHy aren't you at the celebration at the river? She cried harder. The bar tender said Englishman was there the night before and promised to take her to Loy Krathong if she dressed the part. He said dinner first, then loy their krathongs and hot air balloons and then party a while. Promised to be there between 7 and 8. Never showed. She had a krathong there ready to go, which she had made. This girl was shattered.

2. At morning 2 night bar 2 weeks ago in BKK. Had chatted with a BG there for a few days. She drank whiskey the second day and showed me some emails from a man in the States. They had married in Thailand a year before. Registered it there. He returns to the States, sends her money every month, she quits her job. 2 months ago she gets an email from someone wanting to know who she was. It was his wife of many years. She gives the lady her phone number and they talk. She gets a Dear Jep letter from her "husband" who explained he loved his wife, didn't take a Thai marriage seriously and wished her good luck. I saw these emails. What an asshole. How will she straighten this out? She doesn't know or care right now.

Many farangs are lying SOBs with the girls. Why? They will go with you if you are honest. Why does it make them feel better?

I stop at many beer bars in the afternoon. The girl I chat with usually asks if I am coming back. Usually I say I am not sure. Maybe. They usually say how nice that is to hear because most say for sure they will be back and most never show up. If I say yes I will be back, I think I always have come back. Not because I owe them anything but common courtesy and honesty.

I have a longtime Gf and every girl I go with will know that. Never been a problem. Now I am not as honest with my GF. I don't tell her about the girls I go with when she is not with me. I have to deal with that and it is not always easy. It is an issue I must deal with.

Have I been lied to by BGs or GTGs? Maybe. Probably. Not anything that comes to mind tho.

But seriously, folks... ;)

Says rovineye:

At morning 2 night bar 2 weeks ago in BKK. Had chatted with a BG there for a few days. She drank whiskey the second day and showed me some emails from a man in the States. They had married in Thailand a year before. Registered it there. He returns to the States, sends her money every month, she quits her job. 2 months ago she gets an email from someone wanting to know who she was. It was his wife of many years. She gives the lady her phone number and they talk. She gets a Dear Jep letter from her "husband" who explained he loved his wife, didn't take a Thai marriage seriously and wished her good luck. I saw these emails. What an asshole. How will she straighten this out? She doesn't know or care right now.

I played audience to an eerily similar tale of woe from a lovely young Issan girl in a newish NEP bar during April, though she'd not got as far as marriage, just "on a firm promise" from a New Yorker. She was very, very distraught, and all her BG friends were spitting fire :onfire:: don't fancy the American creep's chances if he steps inside that joint again. :o

Says rovineye:

I stop at many beer bars in the afternoon. The girl I chat with usually asks if I am coming back. Usually I say I am not sure. Maybe. They usually say how nice that is to hear because most say for sure they will be back and most never show up. If I say yes I will be back, I think I always have come back. Not because I owe them anything but common courtesy and honesty.

I also adopt this policy and always have done. They say, "You cum bak see meee?": I say, "Maybe." It often earns me a slap of mock-annoyance on the arse or back and bemused looks the first time I try it in a place, because the girls think I'm being coy or a butterfly or just a smartarse, but when they realise I'm simply being honest, they really DO appreciate it :). Believe it or not, if you make a promise to a BG, her first strategy, her Plan A, is to BELIEVE that promise. OK, she'll fall back on Plan B pretty quickly ? pick herself up, dust herself off and start all over again ? but that's not because she's shallow or calculating or ungentle, just that she's known so many "promises" broken in the past. She's now used to it, and the fact that BGs are used to liars means we owe it to them to cut them some slack if some of them sometimes lie or exaggerate the truth. They've been coached well in wickedness by some of us.

If not to the BGs, don't we owe it to ourselves to be honest? Rovineye's picture of that dressed-to-the-nines bird crying at the Chiang Mai table should serve as a lesson to us all. :(

jack

Archived