Lying Farang

Khun_Kong

Guest lazyphil

<<That is why i am a strong advocate against forming personal romantic relationships with these BG actresses. Guys have no clue of what is real and what isn't real>>

Most interesting...wrong however :)

<If someone is looking for a relationship, there are many regular girls who want a sincere and honest relationship in LOS>>

Tell me about her :D

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] The fallacy you like to perpetuate is that prostitution as a "profession" is corrupting when in fact it is not the profession that corrupts but it is the money coupled with expectations that corrupts. [/color]

Newsflash ::, Sushiman: the money and the expectation ARE part of the profession!

[color:"red"] The other flaw in your statements/thinking is that you use it in a one sided view. To be accurate you would have to include the punter/john as well and not single out the prostitute as the one who is being corrupted by the "profession".[/color]

I did not single out the prostitute as the ONLY person who is corrupted by the prostitution industry. There are the cops who get paid off by the bars, the taxi and tuk-tuk drivers who will take you to overpriced massage parlors, the BG's boyfriends who live off their earnings rather than go work themselves, ...

... and then there are the touts on Patpong, who are in a class of evil :devil: all by themselves.

[color:"red"] The dishonesty comes into play when a customer enters into dialouge with a girl to create a false sense or relationship familiarity. The customer may want the fantasy that this woman is not a real prostitute but she is my rent a girlfriend hence the term Girl Friend Experience. [/color]

I agree, but once again, this is also part of the profession.

[color:"red"] The customers desires beyond the act of fucking and his ability to compensate for the fulfillment of that desire is the corruptor. [/color]

Yes, so the prostitute is faced with a temptation to behave dishonestly in order to increase her income. The ones with weaker moral fibre succumb to their greed and pander to this fantasy. Surely they must know it is wrong; I mean they would not want someone else manipulating their emotions strictly for financial gain. But the greed overcomes their scruples. Thus is the woman corrupted.

You seem to be driving at the fact that the woman is free from blame because she gave in to the temptation provided by the punter to be dishonest. This is nonsense - we all face temptations of one sort or another in our lives, and we are all accountable when we give into it.

[color:"red"] Prostitution and honesty do not have to be mutually exclusive.

[/color]

Sure, there are honest prostitutes, but I'll bet they are less honest 2 or 3 years into their careers than when they started out.

Harlequin

[color:"red"] These girls don't make their living through lying, manipulating and deceiving. Yes, it is acting on their BGs' part but you cannot convince me their acting has a positive social influence on their own lives. Their primary gain is financial but many themselves start to blur their acting (their job) with their feelings for some customers. Some also do a poor job in separating their lives as actresses and their own personal lives.....

[/color]

This the best explaination on this board about the phsyc of a BG and the thread is not exactly about them, fascinating :bow:

As a professional woman, we do conform and perform what is expected of us. :drunk: Let us say that BG is a profession so, these women are doing what is expected of them. So, prostitute/BG/freelancer (or whatever ones want to call them), must perform according to what a customer demands of them for exchange of the financial gain. It must be like any profession, some are cut for a profession but not for others. :grinyes:

What makes prostitution harder than many professions are perhaps is sharing the self (body) with strangers and many times sharing emotion also, IMO. As a woman, not willing to have sex but must can be a torture (Jasmine's opinion only). The financial gain's greed can come from lots of pressure such as family or just greed. It must that some of these women adap and feel that since they must do it, might as well enjoy it too, it is possible, isn't it? :dunno:

This can be a long discussion, I will stop at this point. ::

Cheers! :bow:

Newsflash ::, Sushiman: the money and the expectation ARE part of the profession!

Newsflash for you: Money is part of every profession that provides a service for payment HBB, for you to say that prostitution is corrupting is not true. Money and the intention behind it is corrupting. Face it your wrong on this one and don't try to weasel out of it with a bunch of blather.

I did not single out the prostitute as the ONLY person who is corrupted by the prostitution industry. There are the cops who get paid off by the bars, the taxi and tuk-tuk drivers who will take you to overpriced massage parlors, the BG's boyfriends who live off their earnings rather than go work themselves, ...

... and then there are the touts on Patpong, who are in a class of evil :devil: all by themselves.

You were referring specifically to the prostitutes themselves and you made no mention of johns/punters or any other groups associated with it. Now if you are clarifying that is fine but don't infer that you were not specifically spkeaking of the prostitutes.

Yes, so the prostitute is faced with a temptation to behave dishonestly in order to increase her income. The ones with weaker moral fibre succumb to their greed and pander to this fantasy. Surely they must know it is wrong; I mean they would not want someone else manipulating their emotions strictly for financial gain. But the greed overcomes their scruples. Thus is the woman corrupted.

Now how dishonest can it be if the customer is paying for the illusion?

You seem to be driving at the fact that the woman is free from blame because she gave in to the temptation provided by the punter to be dishonest. This is nonsense - we all face temptations of one sort or another in our lives, and we are all accountable when we give into it.

I am not driving for anything beyond providing another view beyond other than your view is extemely one sided where you present the prostitute as this scheming succubus filled with evil machinations and the punter is an innocent morally upstanding fellow. You then like to further your assumption that a woman who is a prostitute must be dishonest because she is a prostitute.

You don't appear have the ability to separate people from their profession. You vision is also severely clouded with all this stuff and nonsense about morals, moral fibre, virtue and such. Bottom line is that you have 2 parties that engage in prostitution- the prostitue and the punter; neither one is innocent nor on a higher moral ground than the other.

Sure, there are honest prostitutes, but I'll bet they are less honest 2 or 3 years into their careers than when they started out.

I would love to hear the logic behind this one. 2 or 3 years how on earth did you come up with that time frame?

Guest lazyphil

<<Bottom line is that you have 2 parties that engage in prostitution- the prostitue and the punter; neither one is innocent nor on a higher moral ground than the other>>

Sounds logical to me :applause: :applause:

<<Bottom line is that you have 2 parties that engage in prostitution- the prostitue and the punter; neither one is innocent nor on a higher moral ground than the other>>

I do not agree. I?d say that the person with the money, the good life situation, is the person ?in power?, and (most likely a-) he is the one most responsible. He would be the one that exploits the situation the most.

None of them are innocent, but for me the girl definitely have the higher moral ground.

Says AF16:

I do not agree. I?d say that the person with the money, the good life situation, is the person ?in power?, and (most likely a-) he is the one most responsible. He would be the one that exploits the situation the most.

None of them are innocent, but for me the girl definitely have the higher moral ground.

the customer is definitely in the power position but from a morality standpoint the punter and the prostitute are on par because it is a 2 party transaction that they both willingly enter into.

Says jjsushi:

Says AF16:

the customer is definitely in the power position but from a morality standpoint the punter and the prostitute are on par because it is a 2 party transaction that they both willingly enter into.

There is no morality as such. Sex is sex.

Where morality comes into play is the consequences of what takes place, and there I think the girls are the ones most severely affected (emotionally vs money), comes from the weakest position etc.

This puts the one buying the service the one I think is morally bankrupt for the lack of a better word.

Willingly? Yes .. perhaps, and when 'willingly'; why?

Says AF16:

There is no morality as such. Sex is sex.

Where morality comes into play is the consequences of what takes place, and there I think the girls are the ones most severely affected (emotionally vs money), comes from the weakest position etc.

This puts the one buying the service the one I think is morally bankrupt for the lack of a better word.

Willingly? Yes .. perhaps, and when 'willingly'; why?

Mainstream society would argue that buying and selling sex is a moral issue. The willingness to buy or sell is in itself a moral issue as well as the consequences of which you speak.

Mainstream society is barley conscious about moral issues. It?s more about cultural norms. Sexual morality is heavily slanted in favor of the man, and it?s so wrong, especially regarding the topic in question.

I don?t blame the girls really; the greatest harm is done to them self. After what they go thought I don?t fault them much for taking advantage of men that participate in the scene either.

They don't owe their exploiter much.

Archived