Lying Farang

Khun_Kong

[color:"red"] I do not agree. I?d say that the person with the money, the good life situation, is the person ?in power?, and (most likely a-) he is the one most responsible. He would be the one that exploits the situation the most.

[/color]

I am lost here, why is it the one who has money (probably hard-earned) are responsible? ::

Let put yourself in a scenerio, you work hard for your money, you choose to purchase an item, you are not exploiting the market, you pay a fair price. It gets muddy when it comes to buying sex because culture, and society does not feel that selling sex is appropriate, it is something special that ones share with their loved ones.

IMO, no demand, no supply.

You are saying that the girls have higher morale ground because they need money? ::

Allow me to say that every woman or man work mostly for money and grant it some of us have choices what we do for money. I don't believe that the Thai women who are prostitutes have no choices, it is just that other ways of making a living does not satisfy what they think they need. Not so lucrative :devil:

IMO, if all Thai females think that the only way to make a living is prostitution, there will be no ordinary people in factories, market and so on. Enough said. :bow:

Cheers!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What we are talking about Jasmine is likelihood, probabilities.

I have worked with drug addicts and mentally ill people, and you would not believe the similarities in background a lot of those people have. Do I know people from similar background that have made other choices? Yes I certainly do. Still it is clear to me that the likelihood of making certain choices increase with previous and current situation.

Yes I hold the ones coming from a good situation, having money, a good life more responsible for exploiting those less fortunate.

You compare selling sex with any other work, which others seem to do as well, and I do not agree. You can make a case for it being a cultural phenomenon if you want, and to a _ small _ degree I could probably agree, but I think there are other factors at play (now).

If you pay for sex, I feel that mostly you are doing harm to another person, while selling sex for the most part hurts one self more than anything else. It might be a choice, but often I think it?s not a totally ?free? choice.

It?s not good to hurt other people, or to watch them hurt and walk away like nothing have happened.

(I know that some can sell sex and do all right, but again we are talking about probabilities.)

Hi,

You misunderstood, I do not feel that prostitution is like other work. What I have been trying to say is, it is a way of earning compensation (money). In that essence it is work. Also, if ones choose to make a living that way (I know there are many sad circumstances) ones should do their best performing to the best of their abilities, that is all. :hug:

I have been in situation of downright poor (my police father got killed on duty) and many of my mother's neighbors thought that I should have quit school and worked in bars catering foreigners for being 16 and excellent in English and French but we hanged on. The sacrifice of my mother was great. I am from a family who does not choose an easy way out, however I have empathy for these people. However, the rest of my Thai family (brother and mother don't). :doah:

Do you feel that if the ones who have money refuse to buy sex, there will be less prostitution?

Jasmine :devil:

Of course it will, just as if there were fewer selling there would be less. This is supply and demand.

What I talk about is the morality of it.

I had this girl, bright confident lovely person seemingly, break down and tell me how much she hurt along with getting glimpses of her childhood, before the next day seemingly being this bright confident lovely person again.

When she let the mask fall she wanted to stop, when she picked her self up again she wanted the money. The two faced mask of prostitution.

I recognize some of the background from the work I worked with in my job. I just can?t forget the hurt.

How could anyone knowing this continue?

What do the girls do wrong? What do the guys do wrong? I don?t think you can compare the two.

I have seen some describe their past (BG) / (GF), or whatever they are called, saying how one have died of AIDS, one have gone mad from Ya-baa, one is a drug addict, and they still visit other girls like noting had happened.

>What I have been trying to say is, it is a way of earning compensation (money). In that essence it is work. Also, if ones choose to make a living that way (I know there are many sad circumstances) ones should do their best performing to the best of their abilities, that is all.

As I am writing this, my gf is helping to an active prostitute, replying to her mail. Looks left and right, she's translating whatever the other girl wants to say. I can see and hear them, literally. Quite a battle there.

There was a big love, in words. The guy (I won't say any parameters here) has forgotten about her.

Gold, mobile phone, money...all that hapened but he's out of the story. Now it's been 3 weeks, no contact with him. Yahoo email address is her last hope but...

The girl has centered all her hopes around her best ever farang.

I think CardinalBlue and the original poster have elaborated on that.

Sad, on the farangs' part.

We think we are better. Not all of us.

Ohh...

If Pattaya127 is reading this thread....yes, the girls have no sentiment to their customers, ST. or short LT. This was a 3 weeks stint.

Sorry to report, but the girl in question is crying her eyes out, rolling on my bed. 11:20pm BKK time, she's not gone to work.

We can really fuck them up.

I have been in situation of downright poor (my police father got killed on duty) and many of my mother's neighbors thought that I should have quit school and worked in bars catering foreigners for being 16 and excellent in English and French but we hanged on. The sacrifice of my mother was great.

Can you see how lucky you were? Your mother supported you going to school and you were intelligent enough to get a high education.

But what do girls who are not supported by their family and who are not intelligent enough for the university?

Best regards

[color:"red"] Newsflash for you: Money is part of every profession that provides a service for payment HBB, for you to say that prostitution is corrupting is not true. Money and the intention behind it is corrupting. Face it your wrong on this one and don't try to weasel out of it with a bunch of blather. [/color]

OK, Sushiman, lets re-order these statements slightly:

1. Money is part of every profession that provides a service for payment

2. Money and the intention behind it is corrupting.

3. Prostitution is corrupting is not true (sic)

Sorry to be such a weasel, but how can prostitution not be corrupting if money is corrupting, and money is a part of every profession, including prostitution?

[color:"red"] You were referring specifically to the prostitutes themselves and you made no mention of johns/punters or any other groups associated with it. Now if you are clarifying that is fine but don't infer that you were not specifically spkeaking of the prostitutes. [/color]

Of course I was speaking about prostitutes. What of it?

[color:"red"]Now how dishonest can it be if the customer is paying for the illusion?

[/color]

It is dishonest when the customer stops believing it is an illusion, when he believes there is a signifigant emotional attachment, and the prostitute exploits this for financial gain.

[color:"red"] I am not driving for anything beyond providing another view beyond other than your view is extemely one sided where you present the prostitute as this scheming succubus filled with evil machinations and the punter is an innocent morally upstanding fellow. You then like to further your assumption that a woman who is a prostitute must be dishonest because she is a prostitute. [/color]

Don't know what a "scheming succubus" is, but it sure doesn't sound like someone I would want to associate with. No, I am not saying all prostitutes are evil, nor am I saying woman who are prostitutes must be dishonest because they are prostitute, and I certainly am not protraying punters as innocent morally upstanding fellows (with the exception of you, naturally ::) Once again, what I am saying is that prostitution has a corrupting influence on the prostitute. It has to do with the quality of people she associates with in her line of work, the short-term promise of easy money, etc. Hey, would you want your daughter to be in this line of work?

[color:"red"] Bottom line is that you have 2 parties that engage in prostitution- the prostitue and the punter; neither one is innocent nor on a higher moral ground than the other. [/color]

Agreed. This point was never in dispute.

[color:"red"] Sure, there are honest prostitutes, but I'll bet they are less honest 2 or 3 years into their careers than when they started out.

I would love to hear the logic behind this one. 2 or 3 years how on earth did you come up with that time frame? [/color]

Just a rough estimate based on the many testimonals I read on this board about the hardening of a bargirl. Hey, it could be shorter, could be longer.

Rather then get nitpicky about this, tell me if you think, on the whole, you disagree with this statement (i.e. prostitutes are less honest 2 or 3 years into their career vs. when they stated out), and if so, why?

Harlequin

Says harlequinbkk:

OK, Sushiman, lets re-order these statements slightly:

1. Money is part of every profession that provides a service for payment

2. Money and the intention behind it is corrupting.

3. Prostitution is corrupting is not true (sic)

Sorry to be such a weasel, but how can prostitution not be corrupting if money is corrupting, and money is a part of every profession, including prostitution?

You make a statement that prostitution as a profession is corrupting, I disagree with that as I have stated and explained before. Now if you can't understand the simple logic that a profession is not corrupting but rather the intent of people and the influencing agent that they use(money) then I can't help you. Civil servants have been known to take bribes would you say being a civil service worker is corrupting? Military personnel have been bribed and and coerced for defense contracts,phantom supplies, etc, would you say being in the military is corrupting? Teachers have been coerced and paid money to give passing grades to students who don't deserve them would you say teaching as a profession is corrupting?

The question I now have to ask myself now is, are you weaseling or are you legitimately unable to follow that concept? You see you attempt to make a logical argument with your numbered sequence of points but it smacks of sophistry to me.

. . . the short-term promise of easy money, etc. Hey, would you want your daughter to be in this line of work?

Easy money? Now pray do tell why do you think it is easy money? I tend to think of the woman prostituting herself because she can make "ALOT" of money in a short period of time. Not easy money.

You like to ask that daughter/mother/wife as a prostitute question alot. I have answered it for you many times. They are free to do what the hell they want to. They on the other hand do not need to because they have certain benefits that I and my government provide them with so that they do not have to sell their body for money. Now if they still want to become prostitutes and it will make them happy then God bless them!

Just a rough estimate based on the many testimonals I read on this board about the hardening of a bargirl. Hey, it could be shorter, could be longer.

Rather then get nitpicky about this, tell me if you think, on the whole, you disagree with this statement (i.e. prostitutes are less honest 2 or 3 years into their career vs. when they stated out), and if so, why?

I honestly can not give you an answer because I do not dwell on such questions. There is no benefit for me to ponder about how long it takes a prostitute to become dishonest. What is the point? I consider it a pretty fruitless endeavor, the same as thinking about how long does it take a woodchuck to chuck?

Says jjsushi:

Says harlequinbkk:

I honestly can not give you an answer because I do not dwell on such questions. There is no benefit for me to ponder about how long it takes a prostitute to become dishonest. What is the point? I consider it a pretty fruitless endeavor, the same as thinking about how long does it take a woodchuck to chuck?

Well if one pay for their services, contributing to their ills, maybe one should think about it? After all one care about more than what is a ?benefit to you?, don?t one? Perhaps even, caring about how others are doing could be beneficial?

Archived