Lying Farang

Khun_Kong

There are numerous enough testimonials vis message boards,thru chat rooms ,word of mouth and my own personal experience (more than 50 trips to over a 20 year period) for me to make this assessment.We are not talking scientific polling methods here so the exact % will never be known.

My point is and i stick by it is that most BG's have an ongoing realtionship with somebody.

They like most people have emotional needs that have to be met .

You can believe what you want to believe.I just don't think you version is based in reality.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>You can believe what you want to believe.I just don't think you version is based in reality.

Sorry, my reality is limited to my talks to bgs who are friend of my gf.

Off duty, no reason to pretend, talked in groups sitting on the floor, eating and drinking.

We even look after their children when they go on a "business trip" to Phuket or Samui or wherever.

I would discount any board about Thai other than this. Too many uncivilsed people there, poked around few times and got disgusted.

Your freedom, believe what you want.

Just check number of posts for the members that are replying to you.

[color:"red"] Pray do tell what is dishonest about prostitution per se?[/color]

JJ, try to keep you eye on the ball. I did not say prostitution per se was dishonest. I said that working as a prostitute had a tendancy to corrupt a person. If you disagree with this, pray do tell why you referred to "chicks who bullshit farangs". Do you consider bullshitting your customers to be honest behaviour?

Harlequin

Says harlequinbkk:

[color:"red"] Pray do tell what is dishonest about prostitution per se?
[/color]

JJ, try to keep you eye on the ball. I did not say prostitution per se was dishonest. I said that working as a prostitute had a tendancy to corrupt a person. If you disagree with this, pray do tell why you referred to "chicks who bullshit farangs". Do you consider bullshitting your customers to be honest behaviour?

Harlequin

Original

I think this is a fair assessment. There are certain professions, prostitution among them, that have a corrupting influence on people who engage in them. Perhaps in their own minds they rationalize their dishonesty as a legitimate 'trick of the trade'.

Thanks for the clarification.

No, I don't agree with you about the profession being the corruption of honesty part. The fallacy you like to perpetuate is that prostitution as a "profession" is corrupting when in fact it is not the profession that corrupts but it is the money coupled with expectations that corrupts. We can name every profession in the world in which money is exchanged for services and you will find corruption. Bottom line HBB it is the money/expectation not the profession.

The other flaw in your statements/thinking is that you use it in a one sided view. To be accurate you would have to include the punter/john as well and not single out the prostitute as the one who is being corrupted by the "profession". The individuals are dishonest HBB not the "profession" and to take it a step further it is the money that influences these individuals to utilize dishonesty.

I think it is the customer that encourages the corruption of honesty part. The profession of prostitution involves simply the exchange of money for sex. Selling your body for cash does not need any conversation(which leads to dishonest things being said) whatsoever that would involve the intent to deceive.

I'll use an example. You can go to a strict brothel pay the mamasan take a girl to a room and shag her without the exchange of a single word. No deceit involved in that act of prostitution because nothing is said to the girl and the girl says nothing to you.

The dishonesty comes into play when a customer enters into dialouge with a girl to create a false sense or relationship familiarity. The customer may want the fantasy that this woman is not a real prostitute but she is my rent a girlfriend hence the term Girl Friend Experience.

The customer wants the hand holding, cuddling; he wants to hear he is handsome, a nice guy and she likes only him. He wants to tell the girl she is beautiful and sweet and he thinks he is falling in love with her culminating in a trip to the airport with tears of goodbye we will be together soon "I will wait for you". In other words he wants to pay for a fantasy. The customers desires beyond the act of fucking and his ability to compensate for the fulfillment of that desire is the corruptor.

I argue that the "profession" of prostition does not corrupt your vaunted honesty rather it is the "extras" of customer expectations that corrupts honesty. Look at it as a type of fetish similar to phone sex which in my country is not classified as "prostitution" but as "entertainment". No different than calling up a psychic and paying them $1 a minute. The customer is looking for a fetish and the fetish is the GFE which is coupled with the exchange of sex for cash. Prostitution and honesty do not have to be mutually exclusive.

BTW- I may at times take my eye off of the ball but I think at times you forget your in the game. :p

Zorro and Hua,

I think you are arguing the semantics of adverbs of frequency. I doubt many are married but a significant percentage do have BFs who are living off their backs. But i think even more have ex-BGs who left them with a child. And they were not married. Probably no different from the States' H.S. drop-out girls who gets impregnated by their young and irresponsible BF. All of a sudden they have a kid. In america, much greater support networks in place for the girl. Here, the girl is left to financially support the baby as well other parasite family members and friends........

Cardinalblue

[color:"red"] JJ, try to keep you eye on the ball. I did not say prostitution per se was dishonest. I said that working as a prostitute had a tendancy to corrupt a person. If you disagree with this, pray do tell why you referred to "chicks who bullshit farangs". Do you consider bullshitting your customers to be honest behaviour?

[/color]

Humm, I watched a documentary on "Geisah" the other day and it talked about giving customers an illusion. I am wondering that since the BG customers (especially the Western men) seem to want a conversation, can it be true that the BGs feel it their duties to entertain the customers an illusion? ::

What can the illusion be? That they are actually not prostitutes, just poor women who must make money for their families? Or just they are GFs in exotic Thailand? ::

I am curious and your answers are appreciated :hug: :hug: :hug:

Jasmine :devil:

[color:"red"]He returns to the States, sends her money every month, she quits her job. 2 months ago she gets an email from someone wanting to know who she was. It was his wife of many years. She gives the lady her phone number and they talk. She gets a Dear Jep letter from her "husband" who explained he loved his wife, didn't take a Thai marriage seriously and wished her good luck. I saw these emails. What an asshole. How will she straighten this out? She doesn't know or care right now.

[/color]

I got involved with a case similar to the above. The American guy travelled for his work a lot and got a non-BG (Thai) pregnant. To get himself out from being shot by the Thai woman's father, he married her and did send money to her for a while. One of my neighbors asked me to interpret letters from Thailand (to one of her friends' husbands).

You guys guess it, the letters were from the Thai woman to whom she thought was her husband. I talked to the American wife myself, her arse of a husband has been doing similar things just all over the world (Mexico, Korea, Taiwan) and had kept a straight face :banghead: I think cutting his member off can stop his behaviour but that is my opinion. :neener:

Jasmine :devil:

JJsushi,

Your description of the "fantasy relationship" is quite accuarate. The problem with it is that it all about lying and deception to increase her financial gain. She is nothing but an actress and the stage is where she lives. The better the con artist act, the greater the potential reward to her.

That is why i view it as a business and them as service providers. For the guys who are unable to separate reality from fantasy are in for real troubles. It is the same as guys in fall in them with actresses on the big screen. They are playing characters and not themselves. There is no different what the BGs are doing when they turn on their charm and smile....

That is why i am a strong advocate against forming personal romantic relationships with these BG actresses. Guys have no clue of what is real and what isn't real.

If someone is looking for a relationship, there are many regular girls who want a sincere and honest relationship in LOS.

These girls don't make their living through lying, manipulating and deceiving. Yes, it is acting on their BGs' part but you cannot convince me their acting has a positive social influence on their own lives. Their primary gain is financial but many themselves start to blur their acting (their job) with their feelings for some customers. Some also do a poor job in separating their lives as actresses and their own personal lives.....

Why bother with the on stage bar BS when there is a surplus of girls available outside of the bar scene?

Cardinalblue

Hi Zorro,

I see what you are saying and I would like to add a few comments.

My "survey" is as you correctly put it limited to Patong.

Why would they not say the truth? I was not a potential customer nor did it involve any risk telling me the truth.

I had no interaction with other farangs and I didn`t hang around at the bars and they knew that.

I was just hanging out with them, sharing their meals and every so often being told part of their story.

Besides I speak thai pretty well and can very well understand their conversation.

Furthermore my GF had been living in that area for several years and knew just about everything about anybody. They don`t often keep secrets among themselves.

I am not a newcomer neither in Thailand nor in this scene as I`ve been coming here for more than 10 years and lived here for 2½ years as well.

Once you start believing the stories the girls are peddling you are in real danger.

Every guy reckons the same thing she wouldn't lie to me blah blah ....wrong

That would apply to customers or potential customers not to someone like me who at that point was accepted as someone you could confide in... to a certain degree anyway as I am both male and farang.

Being accepted by them was also due to the fact that my GF had done very well for herself and was a bit older than the rest of the bunch and sort of regarded as an elder sister. They would often come to her for advice and help.

So, yes, on this background I do believe I know what I am talking about when commenting on BG`s boyfriends/husbands etc. in this specific area of Thailand anyway.

And it is definitely my impression that it was a minority of the BGs who had boyfriends/husbands whatever.

You should read some of the reports from farangs marrying women who are already married to Thai guys or who find out they have boyfriends and yes often girl

friends or who have other farang boyfriends sending money.

It is very common.

I am very well aware of these. Very common? Well, that would depend on what you mean by that term. Guys who has been scammed like this are more likely to post their story and thus venting their frustration than those who doesn`t experience that.

Most who has heard about this kind of deception are referring to the Stephen Leather story. That is ONE story, but how much exposure has it not had over the last couple of years? But sure it happens and one should indeed be careful, no doubt about that.

Cheers

Hua Nguu

Bloody good point Jasmine.

I feel I am being presented with an illusion that probably strokes my ego, and diminishes the guilt complex I might feel for a 'wham bam thank you mam - here's your cash -goodbye'.

Yes I am being told/sold bullshit and lies.

And they are darned good at it!

Archived