activities shared with thai wives/Gfs

pattaya127

anyone in farangland may want to answer, but I am more curious what kind of activities married expats share with their wives, or farang with LT GFs (besides sex...If any ;)). Not just shopping or watching TV, but again, where the relationship proves its worth as you share those moments together. Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our relationship is great and growing stronger by the day.

we were married in BKK in October and live in Sydney.

Both work odd hours but always have time for each other.

A rocky start with language as her English although getting better is poor to say the least.

At night we teach language and culture to each other.

Some nights her sisters come over and chat /play cards.

Go to movies often/play badminton Sundays/show her the sights an hour or 2 from the city.

Picnics with her sisters and a whole heap of thai students can be 30 some times..great fun i must say.

We go to our local Temple most weekends sa well.

Talking to each other in a funny language called Engthilishai works however.

Plan trips when we can get away from the office/restaurant work.

And where and what we want in 5 years time..in terms of living in thailand and working .

She has a boy 9 lives with parents at floating markets.

No way she /we could have him with us at the moment as she owns a restaurant and the hours would not allow school pickups and all the associated needs of a child in Sydney.

Uni in Sydney for sure and will see how things pan out as we may well be in Bkk before his schooling ends anyway.

Her sisters are very close and great fun we all enjoy our time together and always learning from each other.

In short we keep busy and do as much or as little to enhance our relationship and i could not be happier..just wish we had met years ago.

I assisting him cook on the weekend, drinking wine at home , go to coffee shop, What I like the most is to go to the books store ,carefully select books that we thought it would be good to read with out knowing any books review(I like to take the risk!) We both have a hobby we 'd like so he would spend time on his hobby and I spend it with mine.

Hi P127,

Wow, that is a tough one.

I`ve been married to my thai wife for 10 years, recently divorced, and I`d say that the lack of common interest definitely was a contributing reason for that.

The interests we shared besides from travelling to Thailand, thai food, common friends were very few indeed and i don`t want to generalize but if you hook up with someone who has very little in terms of education I would suspect that anyone in a relationship like this will sooner or later will face the same thing too.

Cheers

Hua Nguu.

P127,

Well the GF left today after a 3 month stay here in farangland........

Common activities...... lemme think........ yep, both reading our book, fully intertwined with arms and legs on the couch and in bed :)

She came here in my house, I'm self-employed and work at home, we were here together 25/8 :) and shared all !

Shopping, cooking, reading, gardening, even work !

Of course for a period of 3 months, lets say that it is a kind of honeymoon and that nothing could go wrong :)

Cheers !

My girl recently spent six months with me in the UK.

Her favourites were spending time with the local Thai / Farang community and cooking, especially at barbecues where Thai friends and my friends could visit. You do find yourself thrown into a completely different circle of friends and have to balance time with her friends / your friends, each person having to make an effort. Can be hard work sometimes.

We often went fishing in the summer, she loves this, especially if something is caught which can be cooked and eaten later. I wish I?d taken the time to teach her some competitive sports, badminton say, I will if she returns.

We enjoyed nature, being outside in the country, walking, camping etc and I think we would enjoy a garden / gardening if we had one.

She enjoys supermarket shopping and complains of such poor fresh food quality in a so called developed country, compared to the local markets in Thailand. Her diaries of an alien culture would make superb entertainment on a Thai Language Travellers Forum.

I was surprised at how little she missed Thailand / her family, she?s happy to read the Thai papers / email on the net each day and make an occasional telephone call back home to family.

Guest lazyphil

Swimming at the pool...bickering :censored:...playing pool at the pub...bickering :rolleyes:....bicycle rides...bickering :grinyes:....watching DVD's....bickering :hubba:.....working on her conversion to the art of worm drowning :help:....drives in the country.......BICKERING (she's a back seat driver :banghead:)....gardening ::.....she's my Asian Felicity Kendal of 'The Good Life' (old English sit com)...oh, bickering!!

With both working sometimes hard to find energy and make time..

But we do alot of entertaining and usually have a party or a couple over 3-4 x a month.

Work out together in gym or swim in our condo

Movies of course

We have a house rule despite time and work schedules that we always make family time and eat together with the TV off.

Other than that.. just normal everyday life.

We are, of course ,very involved in family stuff. My TGF talks to home in Issan on telephone most days. Otherwise we walk the beach at sunrise, read & swim in the daytime, and walk out for dinner to a little beach cafe. All very lazy & romatic.

But, when I am back in farangland, the young lassie must go to school daily or else she will get it!

Archived