activities shared with thai wives/Gfs

pattaya127

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest lazyphil

<<Now Gizmo is a good cat from up country in Northern California, Marin county to be exact>>

Sorry to go off topic, but often I see people in California speak of SF/Marin as northern California?...Surely places like Crescent City, Redding or the Klammath mountains are northern California?...mind you people living in Manchester, England speak that they are northern when they are not much farther north than Skegness (not really considored as 'northern'. Newcastle is northern England or Cleveland. anyway, as you were saying........

rmorris22...that was pretty damn funny.....

i had to laugh especially at the part the cat gives you that "up to you" look. i have been seeing my TGF for 10 months now....i talk to her everyday and see her quite a bit even though i live in LA.

one thing i appreciate in most TGFs is that when push comes to shove, they will abide by your decision and you don't have to put up with any more crap about it....the subject is finished. i finally gave up on american and european girls because of their incessant whining and B.S.

my TGF and I are not married yet, but i estimate it is only a matter of a few months before we get the visa....i dated quite a few TGF before finding one - we get along nearly perfect and have almost all the same interest...it certainly doesn't hurt that she is nearly fluent in english.

We try and spend a lot of time out and about with other couples which usually means dinner and other activities.

We also like taking a lot of photographs.

Recently we went walking in Khao Yai national park together.

Basically, the stuff couples usualy do togetehr, I guess.

Stick

activities shared with thai wives/Gfs

Ok, she isn't my gf (yet?). But it seems that she likes:

1) swimming (1-2 hours)

2) play pool

3) badminton

4) volley

5) ping pong

6) bowling

7) motor bike

8) shooting

9) movies

I can't believe that there exists something like a sportive BG?!?

But I will see.... ::

Best regards

P.S.: I don't know if she likes reading, that would be great...

the subject is finished

---------------------------------

Don't you wish. They never forget. If they feel wronged, they will make you pay....later, you can count on it! And it will take you a few days or weeks to find out what this pay-back was all about.

never a dull moment.

I am interested if any of you guys are retired and spending 24/7 with your wives and G/F's as I am?

We work out seperately[i go to Calif. Fitness,she uses the condo].This my private time!

We go to movies alot,but we have different tastes{I like drama/action w/very good acting,she likes silly/funny,Thai drama and ghost movies.

I read alot of used paperbacks.{Elite Book Store]

She studies english,asking me many questions.

I teach 11yr.old daughter,English[major chore,she doesn't like to study]

We swim in the pool [if it is not to hot,she doesn't want to get darker!]

Watch TV ,sometimes together.

Drive across BKK once or twice a week to visit Thai "friends".Chance for her to "yak yak",socialize,eat and laugh[daughter has a chance to play with kids.condo kids don't socialize at home!]

Go to Carerfour/Lotus for shopping and occassional meal 2x week.

Go to the Londoner to have 1 beer and shoot a couple of games of pool together[early afternoon 1-2x a week,free parking garage]

Take and p/u daughter for school[place to play all day ]

Take walks together as a family,usually eating out or shopping.

Occasionally long trips to Udon Thani[visit friends],Buriram [family].Koh Chang[fav fam beach].

help with house chores[minimumly,I will wash/dry dishes,clothes etc.occasionly.She doesn't always like this because she likes to stay busy.]

We like to sing/dance together as a family [mostly at home]

Occasional "riffs""yak yaking"at each other[good for clearing the air]

Using the water taxi as a day on the river,getting off to walk around or eat.

Talking about the daughter and her future after me.[i am 64 ,she is 31,married 2 years.]

I am sure their are other things that don't come to mind right now.

Is this enough?Fulfilling?Ecstasy?

The answer is sometimes NO!I am bored alot and wish I could work when and if I want to.Sometimes I feel "stuck"in a relationship with a very good woman,but that is probably because I am tempted by all those "cuties"out there."I think to much" :nono:

Best Regards,Stan

After well over a year of inactivity I return to the board and find a very interesting thread.

Activities shared, or more to the point "Lack of activities Shared" was probably one of the main reasons why my marriage to my (ex) Thai wife ended in divorce.

I'll admit it, I ain't the first person, and definatley not the last, who thought, despite all the stories heard that I could take a Girl out of the Bar Scene.

At first back in '92 all was well, I was working in Rayong, company house in Banglamung, and everynight was party night. Life was good in them days, I had moved her out of the bar and in with me, but everyday was work and everynight was just the barscene again with workmates.

When the Job came to an end in late '96 I could not bear the thought of leaving Thailand or my Thi Rak so we got married and I took over rent payments on the house. I should have seen it then that we really had very little in common, but love is blind.

Eventualy I realised that I had to get some money together and the only work available at the time was in Middle East, Mia didn't want to stay in Pattaya alone and decided she wanted to move back up-country to her home village, and since her father had given her some land as wedding present I financed the building of the house up there.

On my R'n'R trips back to Thailand, we would stay in Hotels in BKK, down to Phuket etc, damn after 4 months in the Arabian desert 3 weeks in an Isaan village was not my idea of fun. All this time the wife had been attending school and eventualy she got bored with Village life and manged to secure herself a job in BKK so the next thing on the agenda was an apartment in BKK.

And so it went on, she was working in BKK, I was away 9 months of the year, all my time in Thailand was just full on Sanuk, whilst she was at work, I would be out visiting massage parlours, eden club etc not exactly the behaviour of a good husband I know but that is how it went.

By late-2000 I decided to take some time out from work and try to spend some time with her. That was the decision that put the death-nail into the relationship. We eventualy realised what secretly I had known all along that we had absolutley nothing in common apart from the obvious, and as we drifted further apart I was teetering closer to the edge of becoming an alcoholic, more out of boredom than anything.

After about a year of this inactivity, I returned home one morning after yet another night out of debauchary and she was not there. It was then that I realised how much I depended on her, after close to 9 years in Thailand, just generally just having a good time I didn't have the first clue on how to survive here, basics such as which bill is which where to pay them etc etc Man was that a wake up call.

It was time to get my act together and learn how to fend for myself, since the alternative choice to return to UK was to admit defeat.

Cut to approx 12 months ago, I was invited to a housewarming party of a French expat I met at school learning Thai. This whole new world to me, being in the company of GTG's and I got talking to a lady who before I would not have given a second look.

A little overweight...I chased the slim ones

Short Hair.......I was into Long Hair

30 Something......A bit more than my average early 20's

The list goes on, but we clicked and her English was perfect (with the hint of an accent). I invited her out for dinner the following week, and I find out that she is from quite a well off Thai-Chinese family, was sent to Australia when 13, graduated form Sydney UNI with MBA and had been working in Sydney until about 2 years previous when her company asked her to set up an office in Thailand.

We have been together ever since, she offers me the main thing that was missing from my marriage and that is being able to communicate, there is an understanding there that was not there with the ex. The number of nights we have just chilled out on the balcony with 2-3 botles of wine chatting and the next thing we know the sun is coming up, unreal

A long winded reply I know, but basicaly in my experience, it does not really matter what you do together, just as long as both parties understand and can communicate each other.

As for the ex-wife, I decided not to fight her, gave her a troublefree divorce moved out of the marital home and let her get on with her life. Today she is in a steady relationship with a Thai Guy, has a good career, we are better friends now than we were when together and they even remortgaged the old apartment so she could pay me back 800,000 THB for my half share.

I know, I fell into shit and came out smelling of roses

Archived