BG Interviews#1 Is it "fun" to be a prostitute?

JJsushi

Says gummigut:

"physically peddles his ass literally letting a man shove his penis inside of him for cash then his comment has no merit to me."

Uncalled for and in poor taste.

When did being graphic with words concerning sex and prostitution become such poor taste on a board such as this? That's your opinion. Thank for expressing it.

As for your interview... Bargirls are very adept at telling folks what they want to hear, or what they think they want to hear. If a young person put these questions to the same BG, she might say she prefers young... But that's a whole other can of worms.

Maybe you don't know it but I am not old, I am not extremely young either but it is accurate to say I am in the 25-35 age range. The funny thing is until I put on weight from living in LA I got carded at every venue serving booze in the States. Now I get carded half the time. So your assumption is very wrong. I thought we covered all of this on another thread?

As for your BG's telling me what I want to hear statement. They can't possibly know what I want to hear. I have known them for a while so there is no money made or lost when telling me what they honestly think.

What she did say is that, "I not care if he handsome, yes I like man look nice. I like man that smile." So I think it's safe to say that she would prefer those that look nice. All things being equal (lol) on average I believe most people would say young looks nicer than old (ages I gave you in another thread.

I think if you read the interview you will find that there is some inconsistency to her answers which in my book means that is is all situational. You must be under the impression that I was trying to prove something about young and old handsome or ugly with my conversation with her. That was not the case because there was nothing to be proved.

The point of the post was to demonstrate that form a BG's perspective she does her job for work/money not fun. The questions concerning young and old men was just out of curiosity as I stated before.

This is a new thread Gummi not the other one continued.

It is very tough designing good marketing studies because the questions have to be carefully planned, and how they are asked have to be carefully planned.

What you fail to see is that this was not some study. There is no formal Scientific method hereI am not compiling data and evidence for a research paper. This was a conversation; a person's perspective. Think of it as if I was a journlist writing for an internet magazine.

"I have yet to have BG complain to me about her decision to work in a bar. "

I don't understand. They don't complain about their specific decision to work? I know they complain to me quite alot about having to work at the bar because they have "no other" options. To me that's complaining about the decision.

<<burp>>

Those are the ones you deal with. I have yet to meet a chick that voluntarily complains about working in the bar unless I initiate the topic. I guess the same works for me about my occupation. I don't talk about it unless someone asks me do I like my job.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Its had very little to no effect on availability in the pong.<<<

very interesting.

in the killings mainly only small scale dealers were targetted. midlevel ones got often tipped off beforehand and made a runner.

all easily replaced.

>>>Its only dangerous if a marxian type awareness becomes prevalent amongst a decent size group within thailand. <<<

had many heated debates about that recently here on the board, and yeah, i do see some slight possibility for that. a lot of it depends on what will happen in nepal.

>>>I feel this as hatred of farang from a good chunk of the thais who hang around the farang scene. <<<

yes, definately. that's why i generally do not like to hang out in some of the tousist paradises like ko samui, phuket or kaosarn road.

in many other areas you have some initial resentment of many, but it is my experience that this is easily overcome if you speak thai, give people respect, and don't take no shit if people don't give you the same respect. somehow carefully building up face.

in march the drugwar started - so far around 3000 dead, tenthousands in prison, and more in the camps.

-------------------------------

i think something working for the actual governement is the advent of a huge lower middle-class/silent majority, who, even falling on hard times, still are fearing unrest more than their own uncertain future.

Case in point, when the drug was going on, many of these thais who fit really well in that bracket (no savings, half the family employed, the other half helping them) responded with acquiescing to the strong actions led by the police who were all over the TV set. Comments like: "it's about time", "i like Thaksin, he's doing something, not like the others", "no problem, they kill bad people", etc.... Just the basic transfers of one's personal insecurity into the as-well basic middle-class collective morals of thinking "something is being done" at last (about what, is less sure...).

You want to avoid a revolution. Have a middle-class bereft with permanent insecurity. they'll be your backbone to any violent crackdown and police action you wish to imply.

PS: you did not believe I really had nothing to add, did you? ::

>>>yes, thais prefer scapegoating a farang for thai ills. <<<

not "thais" - just some thai politicians and the few who still believe in those politicians.

>>>Comments like: "it's about time", "i like Thaksin, he's doing something, not like the others", "no problem, they kill bad people", etc....<<<

that does not mean that much - the media is not independent here anymore. the real voices are a bit different.

most army people i know by the way are very strictly against thaksin. they say that he went way too far in his purges, then the police involvement in the trade is no secret and nowadays the police got huge amount of power by thaksin (a former policeman himself) without having the force cleaned up.

these army guys also expressed that they are in a bit of a fix - they are generally happy about todays role of the army as not interfering in politics anymore, they don't want any massakers anymore, but they would still not want to turn a blind eye if things get out of hand here.

the middle class here is only 20 to 30 %, not really much of a strong force.

but they would still not want to turn a blind eye if things get out of hand here.

----------------------------

I hope you don't imagine they'd do it for the People's sake, or for bringing back "democracy". they are so trusted that the last time they tried, they had to gun down a few 1000s, by your own estimates, I am sure. So much for having the pulse of the country....

Archived