BG Interviews#1 Is it "fun" to be a prostitute?

JJsushi

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi PT127,

>>>>>I never got anything close to the girl saying she was indeed sorry<<<<<

Not my take at all. I have often had girl tell me "I velly bad", and regretting the path they have choosen. Although, it seems to be a path that they see as pre-ordained. Almost as though they had no say in the matter, which of course, they do. But I've often gotten the feeling of resignation (sp?) on their part. Which I've always thought of as a reason, in part, for their lack of ability to remove themselves from their situation.

It will take the act of another (punter?), to change their life. It's just my observation, but I see an overwhelming lack of desire for the average prostitute to change their life, on their own. Again.....just my observations.....

HT

>>>I never got anything close to the girl saying she was indeed sorry or felt victimised AS A WOMAN. As a person, yes, they can have regrets, but never as a woman.<<<

in those classes people are not really concerned with that middle classy emancipation thing - man and women there are equally fucked by life. and they know it very well. problem is that there are not many options, and feeling sorry for themselves is not one of them. people here often look so soft, but behind that they are incredibly tough and strong, have to be to survive.

that is one of the reasons why i actually do like mor lam, and some of the paeng look tung - the lyrics talk about all the problems they are facing, and their dreams.

Sorry to remind you but I wrote not "sorry as a woman (ie. being a woman)", but indeed "sorry as a person"(1). I am in complete agreement with you. My Gf is still mad for not being able to continue school, as she wanted to join the Army. From many girls i have stayed with, I have felt a lot of anger inside about frustrations in their lives.

(1) i would compare it to a black guy from the hood who sees his station in life is due to the colour of his skin, therefore does not strive and may end up dealing drugs around the block. I do not see/hear that the girls think in those extra-personal terms.

>>>I do not see/hear that the girls think in those extra-personal terms.<<<

class.

>>>I have felt a lot of anger inside about frustrations in their lives.<<<

and i dread the day when that will finally explode in a larger context.

Hi Fly,

:)

>>>>>man and women there are equally fucked by life. and they know it very well. problem is that there are not many options, and feeling sorry for themselves is not one of them.<<<<<

We posted together, so neither of us could know what the other was going to say.....I must say though, the above could very well be applied to my previous post........well said.

HT

>>>Though there are definitely leeches in thai families, even poor ones.<<<

definately.

povery means also that people cannabalise each other, a lot more than they do to outsiders. no romantic view on that.

Guest lazyphil

<<Admiralble restraint as you give way to the holy than thou crew!!>>

This is the Nanaplaza Church of Latter Day Sanukers; Even perverts can voice an opinion :grinyes:

Archived