business slow; prices high

Says trooper:

"My experience is that if a girl likes you, she will be happy to accept 1,000THB, otherwise she does not like you and better give it a miss as it will definitely reflect in the way she will treat you.

And all of the guys I know made very similar experiences."

I agree completely. Girls that haven't agreed on around 1000 baht have always been the ones that I've had bad experiences with. In Pattaya I move on if the girl even mentions money before the morning.

I sign that ...

Based on knowing personally a lot of bg's very close ... as more you pay as less respect they having for the punter.

These guys who mean they have to show their appriciating via money are actually seen as stupid.

True too (as Sarasin mentioned) different price for different guys ... and you can assume nearly all the "stunner/good looker/popular girls" having supporter - yes, I'm convinced that the guy quoted for 3 k wouldn't have the fun as the guy(sometimes that is me, smile) she is accepting the 1 k from!!!!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote about my last visit this May. Cheapest prices I've ever paid. Average 1K baht. Why do I think this happened?

2 reasons. 1st is that my Thai is getting pretty good. I think that the girls will feel much more comfortable being with you, if they can actually converse with you. 2nd is that I did a lot of pulling 2-4 girls out of bar for just dinner, lunch, or to go play pool. No sex. But I think they get to know you better this way, and are willing to go with you later for much reduced prices. I had one girl tell me she never goes for under 3K baht. Nana go-go dancer, and I believe her. She said "but I go because I like you". If I had just walked into bar, and asked her to barfine in the first 5 minutes, I'm sure I would also have gotten a 3K quote.

I must note that I always nogotiate up front. I often tell them at some point, that I have been spending too much money, and have to slow down, because I have 2 weeks to go. This might also keep them from quoting ridiculous prices.

Another factor, I think, is that if they know you have been there many times before, and come every 6 months, they know that you know the score. Worst thing you can tell them is that it's your first visit.....they will feel they can quote you anything, because you're cluless.

Just my take this time. Who knows, maybe just lucky, and next visit will be the reverse. :dunno:

HT

Says KhunJack:

Says trooper:

"My experience is that if a girl likes you, she will be happy to accept 1,000THB, otherwise she does not like you and better give it a miss as it will definitely reflect in the way she will treat you.

And all of the guys I know made very similar experiences."

I agree completely. Girls that haven't agreed on around 1000 baht have always been the ones that I've had bad experiences with. In Pattaya I move on if the girl even mentions money before the morning.

I sign that ...

Based on knowing personally a lot of bg's very close ... as more you pay as less respect they having for the punter.

These guys who mean they have to show their appriciating via money are actually seen as stupid.

True too (as Sarasin mentioned) different price for different guys ... and you can assume nearly all the "stunner/good looker/popular girls" having supporter - yes, I'm convinced that the guy quoted for 3 k wouldn't have the fun as the guy(sometimes that is me, smile) she is accepting the 1 k from!!!!

Your experiences may be accurate for you but I think that overall the picture you paint of guy that pays more than 100bt is looked at as being stupid or that the more you pay the less respect they have for you is a pure load of crap!!!

That is my experience as a guy who has paid 0bt-2500bt for a prostitute. I have had fun with them at all prices and I cannot say with certainty that they have all had fun with me although I would like to think that they had.

Yes, I would tend to agree with you that 'stunner' is a much overused word.

After visiting various boards and viewing some of the pics that punters post of their so-called stunner conquests, the only thing exceptional about them is the "stunned" reaction I have before I burst out laughing (gag me with a spoon).

Beer goggles - indeed!! Some of these guys could be first rate alcoholics.

IMHO :angel:

Actually, one of the reasons I say this is all nonsense about overpayers driving up the prices is...the Japanese. They have been on the scene for many years, and, most likely, have been overpaying constantly. Do you really think they have driven up the prices? I'm sure they frequent other bars besides Rainbow 2. They certainly are in numbers in Thermae and they have not affected one bit the price I pay there.

[color:"blue"]

Thank you for your sensible post.

I've talked to my Japanese friends and have visited Japanese sanuk boards ... it seems they talk/whine about prices as much as farangs. :grinyes:

I've read often on farang boards about getting lack of attention at RB I & II but in my experience, my farang friends have no problem pulling from these venues and at least a couple of 'em are definitely price conscience shoppers.

[/color]

[color:"red"] >> They have been on the scene for many years, and, most likely, have been overpaying constantly. Do you really think they have driven up the prices? <<[/color] [color:"black"] [/color] Yes I do! Four years ago there were hardly any Japanese around in Nana or SC and the prices in Long Gun and Rainbow II, which had the best girls that time, where still inline with other bars (1000 ST and 1500LT). They were always my favorites and I hardly took girls from other bars. I still remember the times, when during show-time at Long Gun I head two nice girls sitting next to me having a great time without any hassle. Today it is so packed with Asians that the girls disappear in the dressing room and all punters sit alone. With the internet the Japanese came in and the attitude of the girls changed drastically (many don?t go LT or with Farang at all). Its not only that they are paying more, but they also doing real ST (mean less then 1h) and don?t care to pay drinks for even 5-6 girls and for the mamasan and service girls as well. And then they sit there and even don?t bother to talk to the girl. We Farang (especially expats living here) pay just 1 drink and that after 10-15 min conversation with the girl. After all Japanese are just much easier customers for them. And the ore professional girls will of course stick with them.

[color:"red"] >> They certainly are in numbers in Thermae and they have not affected one bit the price I pay there<<. [/color] [color:"black"] [/color] Just try to get one of the better looking girls in the back of the Thermae. Either they don?t go with you or they ask for 2000+.

[color:"red"]>> And, I was serious when I said that expats may enjoy an occasional advantage when it comes to prices<<. [/color] [color:"black"] [/color] Agree for the past, but that isn?t the case anymore that why I speak about cartel like prices.

[color:"red"]>> Of course, this is dependent on the bars and types of women you go after too. I seldom go after stunners these days and much prefer that next group down<<. [/color] [color:"black"] [/color] Well if I barfine a girl I only go for girls I am attracted to, if they are stunners I don?t know, but they are stunners at least in my view ;-).

[color:"red"] >> Part of the reason I say expats enjoy an advantage is that they frequent the bars more regularly (at least over time) and the girls get to know them better<<.[/color] [color:"black"] [/color] I experienced another reaction to that. It more and more happen to me that I am sitting all alone as they know I am not paying what they want.

[color:"red"] >> There is a comfort level or whatever you want to call it and I don't think once that has been established you would be asked to pay 5,000 B<<[/color]. [color:"black"] [/color] OK but every girl asking over 2000THB, I just don?t bother to start negotiation talks.

[color:"red"] >> I still cannot see the relationship between overpaying and driving the prices up. I can assure you I could go into Rainbow 2 and easily find ladies willing to go with me for less than 3,000 B. I am sure others reading this could too<<.[/color] [color:"black"] [/color] Of course you can find probably in every bar a girl willing to go for 1000 or 1500 THB. But they are the exception and hardly the good looking ones. If a good looking one accommodates with 1000THB and has a great attitude, she will disappear from the scene faster then you can imagine. I know many expats who are looking for a nice girl as live in GF these days. And again I don?t blame the girls to ask for that much. I blame the punters paying that much. I think all us would also take the money if our companies just would double or triple our salaries. And as we are human we get easily used to the higher salary and will be much more difficult to accommodate with lower salaries after getting used to higher ones.

[color:"red"] >> Rainbow 2 is not one of my favorite bars and I go there infrequently<<. [/color] [color:"black"] [/color] Rainbow 2 and Lon Gun were the bars that trend started; now it is all over the places. Even in small bars in SC were I was the only customer I go confronted with these prices.

One more comment:

I am a big fan of the price policy in Angeles (PH). Every body knows that in every bar every girl goes with you for 1000PESO and stays until the bar re-opens the next day. No discussions over prices or ST/LT. It is much more relaxing and fun then the bargain hunting here in Thailand. And I am not saying it should be 1000THB here, but I think if a policy would be introduced that girl and bar gets a total of 2000THB a lot of hassle would be gone; including the over paying as nobody will pay just 3000THB if he knows it is 2000THB. Or do you buy a car and just give the dealer 50% more then the price is?

I recently took a BG from Dollhouse in Pattaya, 2000 baht for l/t. After about two hours of getting to know each other I was looking forward to a good nights sleep. That's when she lays on me that she really wants to go home because her family dosen't know that she goes with man. A pretty good scam huh? End result I paid the bitch and sent her on her way! Best pay back was I returned to the same bar the next night and BF her friend! She was pissed. Just to top it off I tipped her friend an extra 1000 baht just to prove a point. Business is Business!

:neener:

Says Hardy641:

One more comment:

I am a big fan of the price policy in Angeles (PH). Every body knows that in every bar every girl goes with you for 1000PESO and stays until the bar re-opens the next day. No discussions over prices or ST/LT. It is much more relaxing and fun then the bargain hunting here in Thailand.

What I have learned from other boards, the quality of girls in the PI became somewaht questionable too and a tip of 200 - 300 Peso is expected. So, I think it is more the problem of the girls than a problem of the system.

[color:"red"] What I have learned from other boards, the quality of girls in the PI became somewaht questionable [/color]

Well can't confirm that. The quality is the asme you get in Bkk. They are in average a little heavier then their Thai counter parts, therefore they have bigger boobs. One big advantage is that the turnover is much higher then here. After a couple of months 50% of the girls are new. And of course you don't have the stupid policy that they have to be over 21.

[color:"red"] A tip of 200 - 300 Peso is expected[/color]

A tip is expected for the tricycle back home, but this isn't over 50 PESO.

Archived