business slow; prices high

[color:"red"] Most of them make 12-15K per month, hardly 20K. More of them struggle to make that than those making 50K+.[/color]

well I was talking about the better looking ones. And they easily make that money.

Even a normal girl gets more then you say.

E.g. She has a monthy salary of 8,000 to 12,000 + lady drinks + tips. Let's say at least she has 12,000 to 15,000 a month w/o going with any customer. And this is for Thai standards a good salary; just for 5-6 hours of dancing. A factory worker works at least 12 hours for 5,000 to 8,000THB. If she goes with just 2 guys a week for 2,000. Then she makes already around 25,000. Assuming she has 1 or 2 guys sending her money u can add another 10,000 THB, which makes already 35,000THB. And this doesn't include any free lancing.

[color:"red"] Maybe you should take subway rail workes as an example:for back breaking labour, they get 160Bht per day. Take that as a fair daily compensation? [/color]

Ths comment exactly shows that you don't understand this country. You measure with western standards, but sorry this is not Europe, America or Australia. This Thailand......and for Thailand this is a normal wage. If I would work in the states i could also easily make 5-7 times more then here.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>They get a salary of 8,000 to 12,000 + lady drinks + tips. Let's say at least they 12,000 to 15,000 a month w/o going with any customer. If they go with just 2 guys a week for 2,000. Then they make already around 25,000. Assuming they have at least 1 or 2 guys sending them money u can add another 10,000 THB, which makes laready 35,000THB. And this doesn't include any free lancing.

That's not their reality ("normal girls").

From the bar, they make 2-5K per month. Each minute late they get penalized, not to mention days they don't show up at all.

It's more likely that they go with 3-5 men per month. Other barfines come from their friends that make their customers pay bar for several of them and take them out for dinner.

No doubt, even if it is 12-15K per month that's more than girls with honest job can make.

How many of them have men sending them money? Not all that many, most of times it happens for 1-2 months until the reality sets back in in the men's mind.

July, August and September are "slow" months. Some even find some factory day job during that time.

>Ths comment exactly shows that you don't understand this country.

Dang! I thought I got it right about the bar girls. Still, must admit, I don't undertsand the country. Have never claimed that I did.

< They get a salary of 8,000 to 12,000 + lady drinks + tips. Let's say at least they 12,000 to 15,000 a month w/o going with any customer.>

While I agree with you that the good looking BGs who put effort into getting themselves customers, can and do earn a considerable amount of money by Thai standards. I don't think that the average girl earns anything like 14,000 a month without going with customers. I do not know of any bars paying a basic salary of anywhere near the 8 to 12,000 you mention. Does anyone have accurate information concerning bar wages? :rolleyes:

Ok let clarify this: I am talking about GoGo Bar dancers in BKK, not about bar beer girls in Pattaya. And I am talking about good looking ones, not the 27+ old ones with two kids...

They have a hard time of course. However, I don't feel sorry for them. They just have chosen the wrong job or are too lazy for a regular job, where they have to work not 6 hours, but 12 hours a day. Many girls are just there, coz they are too lazy to work elsewhere. Some stop and try it, but most come back.

I know from girls that they get 7,000 THB for dancing, 8, 000 THB for dancing topless and 9,000T HB for dancing nude, if they are showing they make 12,000 to 15,000 THB. Also I often see advertisings for dancers stating 8,000 to 12,000 THB.

I know that the good looking ones easily pull 10 drinks an evening, which is at least another 200 THB per day (20x28= 5600 per month). And I haven't included any tip! Many guy giving 20, 50 or 100THB tip, some even more.... So I think that these figures aren't that wrong.

..reflects exactly my knowledge.

u didn't mentioned the mandatory 6-8 "offs" per month otherwie the salary got cut .. still that isn't a problem for the lookers at all. (of course ..different bars -different rules)

On the tip side ... in my opinion you rather on the lower side ..100..200,500,1000 are not seldom at all.

The late penalties appling mostly if the girls doesn't get barfined that day - otherwise it vanish. That's why lookers arrive most the time late.

Furthermore a lot of the lookers got barfined "off for ever" by a customer ... working is up to them.

Currently low low season ..why should they bother to come in?

P.S.: I know many girls with million(s) of bhat ...

>The late penalties appling mostly if the girls doesn't get barfined that day - otherwise it vanish. That's why lookers arrive mot the time late.

No.

One or two stars get the priviledge to show up when they feel like. Means, still before the rush hour.

All other pawns get penalized. Not that they don't deserve it - without the fines they would have been doing it their way.

"Late" penalties also apply if a girl is not on the stage when her shift (in about 15-20mins chunks) is up. That is where service girls circle for the pray.

Says Hardy641:

Many girls are just there, coz they are too lazy to work elsewhere.

That is a load of crap. You think being a go-go dancer is lazy work? How about you dance for 8 hours in a smoky bar, with a G-string up your butt, in boots that hurt your feet in freezing air-conditioning, to crappy rock music, let strange intoxicated men paw/grope your body and then let someone stick a penis in you and bang away for 10-45minutes until he is all hot, sweaty and exhausted all the while keeping a smile on your face. Keep this in mind too they only get 2 days off every month. I know many a European that would freak out and attempt to overtrow the government if he only had 2 days off every month.

I don't think chicks prostitute because they are lazy. I think they do it because they can make alot of money in a short period of time. I agree you shouldn't feel sorry for them but to call them lazy is just plain silly and saounds a bit contemptuous.

I know from girls that they get 7,000 THB for dancing, 8, 000 THB for dancing topless and 9,000T HB for dancing nude, if they are showing they make 12,000 to 15,000 THB. Also I often see advertisings for dancers stating 8,000 to 12,000 THB.

I know that the good looking ones easily pull 10 drinks an evening, which is at least another 200 THB per day (20x28= 5600 per month). And I haven't included any tip! Many guy giving 20, 50 or 100THB tip, some even more.... So I think that these figures aren't that wrong.

You know a very small segment of BKK go-go dancers. Even if your numbers are accurate you only look at the revenue side and not the expense side of the equation. Do you have any idea what it costs a girl to go to work everyday?

For a girl to even get those salary numbers you mention she has to accumulate at least 8-12 offs at 500bt a piece. Which means before the bar manager even considers payng her a salary she has to make 4000-6000bt. So in essence she pays for half of her so called "salary" before the owner even kicks in any money. Even then she does not get the full salary because of numerous penalties from the bar both real and imagined. Trust me when times are hard the bar cuts the girls wages even more.

Do you have any idea what it costs a girl to go to work everyday?

Taxi/moto- 100bt (round trip)

makeup - 75bt(many go to the katoeys to have them do it)

food - 100bt (they do eat when they work)

So give or take a few baht per day on the above numbers and cut a corner here and there it will cost a girl anywhere from 3000bt-9000bt per month just to go to work everyday. Doesn't sound like a girl that makes 900bt-15000bt per month is making a shit load of money when you include her other living expenses not to mention that many are supporting 2 households(parents children).

To compare it to a office worker or the average Thai salary of 5000-10000bt is plain ridiculous and not relative at all. I challenge any farang to live on a salary of 5000bt a month in BKK and most Thais that do are living like shit.

I never said that this kind of work is easy. Many girls can?t sell their body and don?t do it. But this job attracts lazy girls, who can make fast and easy money without working too hard. They can come later or just take a day off, if they don?t want to go with someone they don?t go. Tell me a regular job with that freedom! Most are just working 5-6 hours (from 8pm or 9pm to 2am) and they also don?t dance all the time. Your post includes only the bad sides of their lives. What about the nice guy taking them to Phuket for a week, buying gold ?. There are always two sides.

Bargirls prefer to get fucked from sweating, drunk farangs , than work a regular job. Otherwise they won?t do this job! This is for me the main reason why so many relationships with bar girls don?t work out. They just don?t want/can?t work a normal job. Yes there are exceptions, but we talk about the majority here.

And please don?t always compare with Europe or America, this Thailand and not the Western world!!!! If you do so, it is the biggest mistake you can make and will never understand that country.

Regarding to the bar penalties, the good looking ones don?t care at all; coz the salary just makes a small percentage over their overall income. The old and ugly ones of course have a hard time, I totally agree. But again, why do they choose this job, if they are old overweighed and/or full of stretch marks. Here again comes the hope for fast cash and the relatively big freedom (laziness) regarding to working hours into play. Yes the bars have their penalties, but in every other job if they won?t appear or always are late they would be fired!!

Well the living costs you summarized make ~ 300 a day, thus 9,000 a month. However, 9,000 is the maximum, as they often come in groups or eat together. But why do they pay for taxis at all? I spoke with dozens of girls and asked them why they stay far away from the place they work, why not look an apartment near Nana or SC? I never got a clear answer.

Archived