Supposedly "mismatched" relationships with TGs?

The best thing I have gained from my formal education is that I can tell when an educated person is full of educated shit(politicians, businessmen, lawyers, scientists, etc). Other than that you don't need comparatively equal educations to have a meaningful or successful relationship.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says jjsushi:

The best thing I have gained from my formal education is that I can tell when an educated person is full of educated shit(politicians, businessmen, lawyers, scientists, etc). Other than that you don't need comparatively equal educations to have a meaningful or successful relationship.

I have spent a lot of time ?talking full of educated shit?, and that was actually one of the tings I liked by spending time with the Thai girl. No shit. No politics, no quasi philosophy. Only down to earth stuff. Real stuff. ?? and fun.

Even though I, due to reading more, could spout of some half-digested quotes about more or less irrelevant things that she did not know about I was in no way smarter than her.

(PS I know this post leaves ample opportunities for smart ass comments :) )

>Other than that you don't need comparatively equal educations to have a meaningful or successful relationship.

JJ,

Would a comparatively similar education endanger a relationship?

Would a 6 years Thai school (without knowing A-B-C) be an asset for anything?

No need to fire at me, we both know what we are talking about.

(In fact, I know of one man from Akarrland who has less school (!!! but true) than his bar girl girlfriend. He says education is not important. Soon to marry her)

Hi paulc31,

you are a lucky guy to have a gf who appreciates your knowledge.

I made unfortunately the experience that my exgf wasn't interested to "profite" from my knowledge. But I must admit that I seem to be arrogant sometimes :o

Best regards

Ask bar girls what brought them to where they are...if they don't know (due to poor education) - I can tell you - lack of education and oportunities

Of course education is important. And opportunities even more, at least in thailand IMO. But you seem to mix up things! Education is very important for getting a well paid job. But for a relationship IMO some other "qualities" are more important, like:

intelligence, self-confidence, interest

And there are just too many educated people who have neither of these qualities. So I don't care much about education.

Best regards

For my English A-levels I studied Latin, English, and Maths.

Now, I certainly couldn't read the simplest Latin sentence.

I can't even remember the titles of the English literature I read, never mind the content.

And I am yet to find a use in my life for calculus.

My point is:

Much of what I learnt has been long since forgotten. So why does it make me 'different' from an uneducated bargirl?

I do believe that the process of education can stretch one's brain, and teach powers of deduction, reasoning, logic, etc.

However, I think it would be very wrong to say that all 'uneducated' people are unintelligent. There are an enormous number of people who have achieved a great deal in life, having failed to excel at school. Winston Churchill would be one. George Bush might be another (hmm... actually I'm not sure he's a good example).

And I know brilliant academics who sometimes display absolutely no 'common sense' at all.

I have met more than a few Thai bargirls who have displayed an intelligence way beyond that demanded by their poor level of education.

I have encouraged them to seek further education. But... this would be for their own benefit, not just so I can share high-brow conversation with them.

There are many ingredients that make a successful relationship. I think that having a similar level of education is not one the most important.

ranma

>And there are just too many educated people who have neither of these qualities. So I don't care much about education.

Oh, don't say that.

Wipe out your education and try to imagine where would you be. Would not know what a computer is, let alone discussing things on this board.

Say, education is a necessary condition, but not enough on it's own.

Archived