Supposedly "mismatched" relationships with TGs?

>And I know brilliant academics who sometimes display absolutely no 'common sense' at all.

I have met more than a few Thai bargirls who have displayed an intelligence way beyond that demanded by their poor level of education.

You are mixing data storage and knowing how to think. That's the difference.

What bgs know are street smarts, not more than that.

>I have met more than a few Thai bargirls who have displayed an intelligence way beyond that demanded by their poor level of education.

Intelligence = finding your way in an unknown situation. Like mice in a maze. Nothing to do with education.

Sportsmen are very intelligent but out of the field many of them are as thick as a brick.

>I have encouraged them to seek further education. But... this would be for their own benefit, not just so I can share high-brow conversation with them.

I am supporting one to do exactly that. Always with her, all along the way. Had never done that many homeworks as I have done over last 18 months.

No way she'll ever come anywhere close to me or other farangs in discussions - Thai education is crap of the crap, she's a bit old but still doing well.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Oh, don't say that.

Wipe out your education and try to imagine where would you be. Would not know what a computer is, let alone discussing things on this board.

Say, education is a necessary condition, but not enough on it's own. "

Knowledge is a key word. Maybe thats a better word than education? How to aquire it, can be through education or otherwise.

Your computer example, I only got a tiny part of that in school. Basic programming language - I have never used it after school but it got me the job.

In many jobs school is just a paper to get you a job, learning starts after.

Cheers!

Say, education is a necessary condition, but not enough on it's own.

Hmm, not necessarily true. If I had to choose between an intelligent uneducated gf and an educated stupid gf I would choose the intelligent one. Simply because I could explain her what she didn't learn.

To say it in an other way:

The capabilty to understand is more important than the pure knowledge.

An example: it would be no problem to explain the general relativity to someone who is intelligent enough but has a poor education (6 schoolyears). But it is impossible to explain it to a uni-educated person who isn't intelligent enough (or not interested in it).

So if the gf is clever and interested enough it would take me only, say, six years to teach her everything that I know. But if she is only well-educated, than she will never learn it.

So interest and intelligence are necessary and sufficient conditions (to become well-educated very fastly).

By the way, what do you understand as "education"? The official one, with degrees etc.?

To clarify what I mean: if the girl is interested and intelligent enough, she will get a very good education very fastly, just by discussing with her well educated husband ::

Best regards

P.S.: Does your girl likes reading?

Hi KhM,

Interesting subject. It was about time too that somebody started a new thread, this forum has been dead for 6 days now!

This relationship actually has drawn upon just about *all* of the knowledge and wisdom which I gained though all that education. And really put it to the test. In terms of thinking outside the box, understanding another culture, learning other languages, applying existing knowledge and experience to new situations, true empathy with other people who face *real* challenges in their lives, and so on.

I have the same experience. A relationship with a woman who comes from a completely different background in terms of culture, education and life style is quite the experience! It takes a lot of effort, empathy and (unfortunately) patience to make it work. I can say that it has made me a better, less selfish person and as such the relationship is certainly very

rewarding.

But take a second look at the things you just mentioned: learning another language, understanding another culture etc. is just exhilarating while you are still learning. More important is what the relationship has to offer youwhen you are familiar with the language and the culture, when the novelty has worn off. Those little things that attract you to a person can become a nuisance after a while. Her thainess that is so interesting and cute now, can easily become a thing of frustration when the relationship settles in.

What matters most IMHO is that there is enough to keep you attracted to your wife when the novelty has worn off.

I agree with you 100 % though that having a similar education is low on the priority list. Maybe having a successful relationship all boils down to how much shit you're willing to put up with. If your tolerance is high, you might be on to something! ::

Cheers!

Sportsmen are very intelligent but out of the field many of them are as thick as a brick.

Hmm, I would never consider sportsmen as intelligent....maybe with a very few exceptions.

I am supporting one to do exactly that. Always with her, all along the way. Had never done that many homeworks as I have done over last 18 months.

No way she'll ever come anywhere close to me or other farangs in discussions - Thai education is crap of the crap, she's a bit old but still doing well.

Hmm, sorry and I don't want to flame but your gf doesn't seem to be very intelligent. You wouldn't need to help her if she were intelligent. And if she were intelligent she could become a match for you.

Even if thai education is really crap, she could learn out of (english) books.

Best regards

Says think_too_mut:

>Other than that you don't need comparatively equal educations to have a meaningful or successful relationship.

JJ,

Would a comparatively similar education endanger a relationship?

Would a 6 years Thai school (without knowing A-B-C) be an asset for anything?

No I don't think similar education harm a relationship. I think what is imporant in a relationship is that you have 2 people who genuinely care for and have an interest in each other and their well being.

Your relationship for example I am guessing was a result of you being attracted to your girlfriend in whichever way you were; then after developing a certain set of emotions and having a genuine concern for her well being you(or both of you) felt that she needed a formal sort of education to benefit her for whatever reasons deemed inportant.

Knowledge is a key word. Maybe thats a better word than education? How to aquire it, can be through education or otherwise.

I agree! And I would like to add a remark:

How fast one is aquiring knowledge depends on:

1) motivation/interest

2) intelligence/capacity to understand

3) concentration (to learn fastly and for hours per day)

Best regards

Excellent, I agree 100%. Experience is what counts -- formal education is but one factor in that (and not a measure of how intelligent or functional a person is).

Says paulc31:

I would like to know why you can't share your wisdom or knowledge to your wife
:dunno:

If you love her than take this opportunity to share what you know with her, she would like that a lot
:up:

How long have you been married to your wife, and you are

know questioning her education
:(

You completely missed the point, what you are saying is EXACTLY what I was saying -- the facts I learned are insignificant, the wisdom and knowledge *CAN* and *ARE* shared, despite what others may assume!

Archived