Don't mess with a Thai taxi driver

Yehtmae

Guest lazyphil

Just as well he didn't take on two Millwall Fan types, he would be in traction eating through a straw right now :neener: , no knives, guns, bike chains or other weapons just good old fashioned fists :grinyes:

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says spirit_of_town_hall:

Exactly, I think some of the other posters on the thread are jumping over themselves to side with the hard done to, insulted cabbie....

People are being to quick to label these guys arrogant tossers, who rode rough shod over the cabbie and got their just deserves...

Please guys, what happened to those guys could happen to any farang....

STH

STH,

I'm not jumping at all and also not siding with anybody but I don't understand your reaction to only excuse the 2 farangs.

I doubt that it could happen to any farang. Maybe only to those who don't have respect for other people and try to escape with all sorts of bad manners.

[color:"red"] Well, a nice story but it's all speculation. None of us knows the real story but only the fragments which were reported in the newspaper.[/color]

Yes it is all speculation. Just as this is:

[color:"red"]the 2 farang were real assh.... who deserved some lesson. [/color]

How does anyone know who was an asshole or not from reading that three inch news story? A lot of people seem to be be jumping to a lot of conclusions that these guys had it coming.

None of us has any idea what occured in the argument, what caused the guy to puke, who got angry first, how the situation was approached, how much moeny was asked for, or anything else.

All we do know is that two farangs were stabbed, one seriously in the eye.

And all I am saying is that based only on what I read, I can't think of any situation in a taxi that warrants someone, farang or Thai, being stabbed.

Unless of course the Thai guys life was in danger.

But once again we don't know.

So why is everyone so sure these farangs are assholes who had it coming?

It's funny the conclusions people will draw from a poorly written new article...

Cant agree with that comment fly.

You are comparing someone possibly loosing there eyesight with having to clean a taxi. Regardless of wether it would have been nice to pay extra for the drivers trouble it does not excuse stabbing people in the face with a knife.

I remember once in Pattaya, I was getting a song-tow back with a groupr of farangs and bar girls. ONe farang vomitted in the back og the song-tow. Anyway we dropped him off and it ended up being me and my girl who were the last dorpped off. My girl suggested I pay the driver extra 100baht for the trouble of cleaning the vomit. I remember screwing up my face in slight protest (mainly as it wasnt me who vomitted) but agreed and paid that money. I would hate to think I could have ended up in hospital and in fear opf losing my sight if I had not agreed.

Says SUZIBANDIT:

All we do know is that two farangs were stabbed, one seriously in the eye.

It's funny the conclusions people will draw from a poorly written new article...

But so do you :)

We know more than that, one guy puked, they did not pay.......

Like Fly said, action & reaction.

I deplore the reaction from the cabbie, and deplore even more the poor attitude of the 2 farangs.

Cheers !

BB,

I'm really not trying to read any more into it than what is there. My only reeal point is that no matter what, you don't stab someone in the eye, especially over puke.

[color:"red"] We know more than that, one guy puked, they did not pay.......

Like Fly said, action & reaction. [/color]

Well the article did say that the Taxi driver "demanded" extra money. It doesn't say asked, requested or expected.

So if we continue to play this read-more-into-it game, then we could say there was inded an action and reaction.

Action: The taxi driver showed no sympathy and rudely demanded, like a highway thug, extortionist money.

Reaction: If he had asked they would have given it, but he demanded it like a common thief, so no pay.

But this all stupid anyways so, I'm just gonna forget it ever happened because I can see fine and I don't ahve a tendancy to puke in Taxis.

::

Hmm,

you posted a made-up story how it could have happened and then you tried to turn the table. Once again, I did not side with the driver for stabbing this guy but just tried to bring some balance in 'cause there is never only one side of a story, don't you think so? :dunno:

Hi,

"I deplore the reaction from the cabbie, and deplore even more the poor attitude of the 2 farangs."

You have got to be kidding? How can you say that refusing to pay for cleaning up a taxi is more deplorable than stabbing someone in the eye?

I am squarely with Suzi Bandit on this one.

Sanuk!

In one of these strange coincedences, a guy in our office last week was talking about this very same thing.

He got sick in a car that didnt have air con, paid the guy an extra 200B, the cabbie wanted 2000B, so he walked off past the security guards of the building and let them deal with it. The cabbie was quickly told where to go.

All

It could be that the cabbie here was after a stupid amount of money and the guys were prepared to pay a smaller amount but not what was being asked for. Who knows? Lets not condem without all the facts

Archived