marrying into a poor family

Guest lazyphil

Guys seeking specifically not to marry into a poor family, isn't that no different to hardend bg's just looking out to marry the highest bidder from Switzerland??...I dont know, just curious to the mind set of some falang guys. Marrying for the love of it seems the way to go, romantic and not logical perhaps?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says lazyphil:

<<my missus is a cook, she can't find any acceptable job here in thailand, but gets constant job offers for working overseas, could, if she would want to, go next week to the states, australia, germany etc>>

I know restaraunts crying out for Thai chefs. My mrs doesn't even have a formal qualification to do the chef job she does now. Reasonable money to be had doing this. One of her friends living and working locally was a chef at a 5 star BKK hotel and has taught several other newbie Thais here who then pass down skills to (including my mrs) others.

Many jobs in Sydney for Thais as well, Cooks floor staff you name it.

I dont think the Restaurants are to worried about bits of paper as long as they can make a good som tum etc.

Hence our visa overstays with Thais here at the moment.

Guest lazyphil

The only thing the restaurant has asked of the mrs is to complete a 'Food Hygiene at Work' day release course which she passed last month. I think for insurance purposes??

Is this directed at me?

I would (and have) married out of love not money.

For me the financial status of a propective spouse is not an issue at all. However, if you're much better off financially than your wife's family you've also gained some added responsibilties, and in some cases this may effect an otherwise happy marriage.

Says lazyphil:

The only thing the restaurant has asked of the mrs is to complete a 'Food Hygiene at Work' day release course which she passed last month. I think for insurance purposes??

HI Lp,

Yes and for the local council..make sure all food is handled in correct way..and general kitchen and personal hygiene.

My wife had a little restaurant in Phuket before her sisters got her to Sydney.

The Thais working in Thai restaurants here owned/run by Thais get very low wages compared to a thai working in a falang owned/run restaurant.

But many are happy to get a job..extra cash and or to send home :dunno:

Thai restaurants here are booming...many among our very best eateries :up:

But also the target for raids by ***** immigration

Guest lazyphil

<<The Thais working in Thai restaurants here owned/run by Thais get very low wages compared to a thai working in a falang owned/run restaurant>>

My mrs works for a Thai restaurant owned and run by a falang couple. Both very nice, reasonable people.

Says lazyphil:

<<The Thais working in Thai restaurants here owned/run by Thais get very low wages compared to a thai working in a falang owned/run restaurant>>

My mrs works for a Thai restaurant owned and run by a falang couple. Both very nice, reasonable people.

Interesting.

Do they (falang) show thier faces in the restaurant as in hands on...or stay at home and count the till?

To me a falang in a thai restaurant..well it aint Thai to my way of thinking.

My sons favorite ""Thai"" joint no names ..but my wife and i went..sat and looked at menu ,kitchen etc.

NTG said...is not Thai.

The food was very average and falangs in the kitchen :doah:

I know falangs can cook and we have a famous one although i just forgot his name..has a restaurant in london now (new) i understand as well as Syd.

Says lazyphil:

<<my missus is a cook, she can't find any acceptable job here in thailand, but gets constant job offers for working overseas, could, if she would want to, go next week to the states, australia, germany etc>>

I know restaraunts crying out for Thai chefs. My mrs doesn't even have a formal qualification to do the chef job she does now. Reasonable money to be had doing this. One of her friends living and working locally was a chef at a 5 star BKK hotel and has taught several other newbie Thais here who then pass down skills to (including my mrs) others.

you give me trouble here, mate!

the missus has just now declared that she wants to go "interrrr..." :cussing:

but, yeah, if for some reason things won't work out here i guess we might have to go to australia or england for a while and i can live from from the earnings of the missus for a change. ::

but it really is a bit frustrating. once for example the main chef of one of the big 5 star hotels here desparately tried to hire my missus as he knew the restaurant where she learned originally, famous for thai and southern chinese kitchen. he had no chance as the GM (farang!) demanded a college degree. for a cook! :onfire:

she has a certificate from a lesser 5 star place, but that seems to no use here in thailand.

my missus has cooked for royals and other dignitaries, but cannot get a proper job in her own country, while she could easily get a job in the best places outside. :dunno:

now we have stopped looking for a good job for her. all we found were ridiculously underpayed jobs in low end places and/or demands for seriously unhealthy work hours.

Guest lazyphil

Well, the landlord and wife are the bosses (both falang) he then has a manager who with his gf (very attractive young falang girl :) :hubba:) run/manage the pub and live upstairs and are very much hands on. Just two Thais my mrs one of them are working there with several bar staff and several young college age falang girls in the kitchin doing waiting washing up etc (which my mrs mucks in too, of course) the other tg has limited English so my mrs is her translater of sorts. Without blowing my mrs trumpet (as if I would :grinyes:) this pub/restaurant does a very good trade indeed. And my mrs likes the fact shes working with pretty nice friendly falang girls and with good attitudes and some very pretty :D (we're not all falang women haters here!) They all work hard and make the place work well, its a great atmosphere. The kitchin is very small and it gets very chaotic and hot at times, lots of hot sweaty nubile girls does look nice though ::. The pub/restaurant dates back to the 17th century...older than Oz!

This pub is one of the reasons I starting going to LOS, I was the postman to it for years and before had a falang/tg boss (divorced now) and I'd have a few, well many jars there after shift and the tg kept telling me to go to Thailand, so I did...the rest is history!!

Archived