marrying into a poor family

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says jasmine:

[color:"red"] but I can just see the blank stare I would get
[/color]

I have tried this blank stare thing with Hubby and could not get away with it. Why can some woman do it and I cannot?
:banghead:
It can come handy at times, I think.
:neener:

Jasmine
:devil:

Maybe it only works for 6 years. :dunno:

>Err, not in the market for one yet. If needs arises, will put you in as the 1st possible person in my list.

One little joke by Jasmine and the heads are spinning!

Posters lost the sight of the board, competing for her attention!

Thai ladies are safe, for long time to come. Jasmine, thanks for this little experiment!

Says shygye:

[color:"green"] He has the ability to finance the most expensive university in BKK ... however, neither him or his g/f knows whether there is any true benefits of going to an expensive uni (say ABAC, Bangkok U or Ransit) vs. going to a cheaper institution (say Rajabhat, Ramkhamkhaeng or ???).

[/color]

Of course it matters. One is making contacts just like MBA programs in the USA. Go to expensive uni where the other students come from rich families and you have a leg up. Remember in Thailand image is everything.

Yeah, but you also have to consider what the actual job market really needs or has the capacity to employ. You can have a great network but little opportunity for gainful employment. Also your correct and in Thailand image does matter which also translates into if you don't have a certain status you may not be able to penetrate certain circles regardless of your education.

Vocational training is very practical in Thailand especially for those people who don't have a large network or little money.

Hi,

"Is this really true in Thailand???? Finishing high school gives more options??? How about finishing university ... will this truly give a person more options???"

Good question, and I would say that, certainly in her case, the vocational school is the better option. She will have no problem finding a job and will with a few years experience stand to make about 7,000 Baht a month. This is much more than she would make with only High School, as she would then be restricted to jobs like waitress, sales clerk, cashier, etc

Even university would depend on the skills of the person I suppose. My wife (who only finished P6) just got herself a job teaching at a beauty school, and her starting salary is more than that of several people in our office (incl. 2 univ. graduates).

Sanuk!

>>>Good question, and I would say that, certainly in her case, the vocational school is the better option.<<<

absolutely.

if one wants to find work overseas for example, the by far best profession for that is being a cook. if someone is a qualified thai cook one can find within a day a job anywhere around the world, easy workpermit procedure as well.

my missus is a cook, she can't find any acceptable job here in thailand, but gets constant job offers for working overseas, could, if she would want to, go next week to the states, australia, germany etc.

Guest lazyphil

<<my missus is a cook, she can't find any acceptable job here in thailand, but gets constant job offers for working overseas, could, if she would want to, go next week to the states, australia, germany etc>>

I know restaraunts crying out for Thai chefs. My mrs doesn't even have a formal qualification to do the chef job she does now. Reasonable money to be had doing this. One of her friends living and working locally was a chef at a 5 star BKK hotel and has taught several other newbie Thais here who then pass down skills to (including my mrs) others.

Look like my statement on finishing high school was slightly misunderstood.

By more options I do onot mean that High school immediately give more options in finding work, as that's not the case.

However finishing high school gives more options to further ones education.

A hairdressing course does not, although its does provide for a better options to find immediate employment.

Archived