marrying into a poor family

the realistic approach is that for me life in the west is simply not imaginable. i have left when i was twenty. how could i ever find my way around there?

Fly,

I can fully understand what you mean. The same goes for me. I?ve left Germany in my early twenties and settled in Japan. Later I stayed in several countries of Western Europe and North America but mainly South and East Asia (India, Hong Kong, China and Japan). I don?t love Japan but it?s the center of my life and a beautiful and safe country. I cannot imagine working in Germany again. I don?t know how to adapt over there. I made sure already that my next overseas working place is also in East Asia. As it looks right now it will be in 'The Middle Kingdom'.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>and I wonder if somehow, expats, especially younger ones like you (less than 40), don't get swayed too much in thinking this is the only life, impossible outside of LOS, etc.... <<<

despite my dislike of life in germany i simply have no marketable skills to offer. at the present moment the only realistic things i could do in the west would be laborer or a criminal.

both are not very attractive careers. i have tried them both. ::

Your quite correct, maybe should strat a new tread about opportunites for TG's to elevate their income level (without entering the nitelife scene) and help poor parents.

My wife and her sisters all worked in the Restaurant industry in Oz to earn money to get ahead and a life..and went on from there to all their collective benefit.

All now own a business in their own right!

Work hard and you can achieve..poor families can win...imo

That is great for those who can emigrate to obtain a better life but what about the multitudes who cannot leave the country to attain economic benefits?

Working hard does not get you ahead it is workig smart combined with working hard and having opportunities. You wife could have worked hard in a restaurant in LOS but I don't she would have been as successful as she is today vs working hard in OZ.

Archived