marrying into a poor family

Says lazyphil:

Well, the landlord and wife are the bosses (both falang) he then has a manager who with his gf (very attractive young falang girl
:)
:hubba:) run/manage the pub and live upstairs and are very much hands on. Just two Thais my mrs one of them are working there with several bar staff and several young college age falang girls in the kitchin doing waiting washing up etc (which my mrs mucks in too) the other tg has limited English so my mrs is her translater of sorts. Without blowing my mrs trumpet (as if I would
:grinyes:
) this pub/restaurant does a very good trade indeed. And my mrs likes the fact shes working with pretty nice friendly falang girls and with good attitudes and some very pretty
:D
(we're not all falang women haters here!) They all work hard and make the place work well, its a great atmosphere. The pub/restaurant dates back to the 17th century...older than Oz!

Hey..i am a first fleeter btw..well not me...ancestors..stole something..hope not bread a virgin maybe ::

You can not beat working anywhere that has happy staff..just rolls on and reflects in the service and the whole restaurant benefits IMHO.

So your wife is the main cook?

And the others chop up and help?

Btw some sarturday nights i wash up in my wifes restaurant :cussing:

No joking i enjoy helping when i can..also get to talk to the new thai students helping out back ::

I want her to sell it and buy a smaller one a takeaway and only a few tabels inside..less work for her..more money as well..less rent.

""Where my friends work""?? TIT this is not i try to say :angel:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"However finishing high school gives more options to further ones education."

Agreed, but most of the upcountry education is of such a abysmal level that I seriously doubt she would stand a chance in finishing High School in BKK, let alone any further education.

(Besides, she is a nice girl, but not super bright :) )

I have set my eyes on my wife's son (who will start HS next year) and have already told my wife that I would be more than willing to pay for as much education as he wants.

Sanuk!

Guest lazyphil

No, shes not the main cook, the other girl is, my mrs cooks and on mondays cooks entirely alone when her friend is off work. This is a recent arrangement and she was very anxious doing it alone at first, but her confidence is getting much, much better now. No complaints with the customers.

I've been down there to help out and I tell you I was f**king knackered!.....

Says lazyphil:

No, shes not the main cook, the other girl is, my mrs cooks and on mondays cooks entirely alone when her friend is off work. This is a recent arrangement and she was very anxious doing it alone at first, but her confidence is getting much, much better now. No complaints with the customers.

I've been down there to help out and I tell you I was f**king knackered!.....

She will be fine..it is in the blood :bow:

Re help...you can say that again...all go go go.

No time to ask where are the gloves (do not want my hands getting dirty).""never mind the **** gloves do it like this ....She grabs a plate and cleans with hand now get on with it (translated to protect oneself) :)

I have worked in restaurants when younger but still think the thais are faster in all they do..and results are first class..imo

Guest lazyphil

<<but, yeah, if for some reason things won't work out here i guess we might have to go to australia or england for a while and i can live from from the earnings of the missus for a change>>

Well if you do come here I'll treat you :hug:, the managers gf has the kitchen on Sundays to do a traditional English roast dinner menu, damn good it is too, goes down well with Abbot Ale (throbbing chunder bowel basher :help:)

[color:"red"]but my wife and i went..sat and looked at menu ,kitchen etc.

NTG said...is not Thai.

[/color]

The worst Pha Thai I had was from a Restuarant run by a Chinese and Loatian cook, :: So next time I asked for a "Som Tum" and it was excellent!! ::

Cooking is an art and ones can follow recipes but some tricks and techniques are learnt from experience and pratice. :doah:

I had helped mother cooking a little when I was growing up but never learned to cook until married. I used to cook and tried on our dogs mostly and threw away lots of curries and stir fries. Still miss my mother cooking lots. :D

Jasmine ::

Says flyonzewall:

Says lazyphil:

<<my missus is a cook, she can't find any acceptable job here in thailand, but gets constant job offers for working overseas, could, if she would want to, go next week to the states, australia, germany etc>>

I know restaraunts crying out for Thai chefs. My mrs doesn't even have a formal qualification to do the chef job she does now. Reasonable money to be had doing this. One of her friends living and working locally was a chef at a 5 star BKK hotel and has taught several other newbie Thais here who then pass down skills to (including my mrs) others.

you give me trouble here, mate!

the missus has just now declared that she wants to go "interrrr..."
:cussing:

but, yeah, if for some reason things won't work out here i guess we might have to go to australia or england for a while and i can live from from the earnings of the missus for a change. ::

but it really is a bit frustrating. once for example the main chef of one of the big 5 star hotels here desparately tried to hire my missus as he knew the restaurant where she learned originally, famous for thai and southern chinese kitchen. he had no chance as the GM (farang!) demanded a college degree. for a cook! :onfire:

she has a certificate from a lesser 5 star place, but that seems to no use here in thailand.

my missus has cooked for royals and other dignitaries, but cannot get a proper job in her own country, while she could easily get a job in the best places outside.
:dunno:

now we have stopped looking for a good job for her. all we found were ridiculously underpayed jobs in low end places and/or demands for seriously unhealthy work hours.

Hey Fly...Oz not UK,

Better climate for a start.

Your wife can get a ""good "" paying job here Thai restaurants are the flavour of the month (well last 6-8 years),,pushed the local chinese restaurants out of the suburbs.

From about AUD$800 per week...for a good chef/cook..they do not care..as long as can cook.

Let me know via PM if/when...can get her a job same day the plane lands....my wife..i think i mentioned on another thread..we walk through Thainatown/Chinatown and she stops to talk to just about everyone...has her ears to the ground so to speak.

As long as her papers /visa is in order no problems.

Our local Thai Paper ""Thai..OZ"" each week has adds...i am a cook xxxx years working bla bla and next week is not there...has a job...yes really,,Thai is red hot in Sydney (no Punn).

Guest lazyphil

<<Hey Fly...Oz not UK,

Better climate for a start.>>

Yes, parched desert at 45c sounds really nice :grinyes:....and all that shite Aussie beer :p

Archived