marrying into a poor family

Hairdressing is nice, but high school completed gives her some more options in life.

[color:"blue"]

Is this really true in Thailand???? Finishing high school gives more options??? How about finishing university ... will this truly give a person more options???

My friend has a young Thai girlfriend who's trying to decide what university to attend next year. He has the ability to finance the most expensive university in BKK ... however, neither him or his g/f knows whether there is any true benefits of going to an expensive uni (say ABAC, Bangkok U or Ransit) vs. going to a cheaper institution (say Rajabhat, Ramkhamkhaeng or ???).

Or is it better to use the fund toward vocational training (such as beauty salon school) or start a small business.

Coming from USA, he (and I am) is a believer in education ... but not sure if education is truly the was to expand one's options in Thailand.

[/color]

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Jazz:

Hairdressing is nice, but high school completed gives her some more options in life.

[color:"blue"]

Is this really true in Thailand???? Finishing high school gives more options??? How about finishing university ... will this truly give a person more options???

My friend has a young Thai girlfriend who's trying to decide what university to attend next year. He has the ability to finance the most expensive university in BKK ... however, neither him or his g/f knows whether there is any true benefits of going to an expensive uni (say ABAC, Bangkok U or Ransit) vs. going to a cheaper institution (say Rajabhat, Ramkhamkhaeng or ???).

Or is it better to use the fund toward vocational training (such as beauty salon school) or start a small business.

Coming from USA, he (and I am) is a believer in education ... but not sure if education is truly the was to expand one's options in Thailand.

[/color]

Hi Jazz,

I think every one has different view on this.

Fo me i am all for education,my wifes son is only 9 now, but we plan to bring him to Sydney to finish his education in Oz Uni.

He is a bright boy in top 3 of his class all the time.

we have thai students living with us a new one each 6 months (after they learn english )and pass the level needed to gain entry to the UNI they want for the course of study they have chosen.

The current guy is going to be a lawyer,one before was studying marketing.

Any where between 8-10K thai students in Sydney at any one time in our English/Unis etc.

Not cheap when you add up the course/flights/visa/accommodation ect.

So there is enough interest in Thailand for further education..if the jobs are there is another matter however.

RE small business...nothing wrong in that either..imo.

[color:"green"] He has the ability to finance the most expensive university in BKK ... however, neither him or his g/f knows whether there is any true benefits of going to an expensive uni (say ABAC, Bangkok U or Ransit) vs. going to a cheaper institution (say Rajabhat, Ramkhamkhaeng or ???).

[/color]

Of course it matters. One is making contacts just like MBA programs in the USA. Go to expensive uni where the other students come from rich families and you have a leg up. Remember in Thailand image is everything.

[color:"red"] Coming from USA, he (and I am) is a believer in education ... but not sure if education is truly the was to expand one's options in Thailand.

[/color]

Education gives options period. Also, depending on the skills, some people are better off in vacational schools if they know what they want to do.

Cheers! :)

Archived