The Most Expensive Drink In Bangkok

jxxxl

Australian 'Champagne' has vintage and non-vintage categories as well.

The vintage is the one that they know what day it was bottled last week....it's stamped on the plastic stopper.

And the non-vintage....they're not really sure what day it was bottled.

:beer::neener::doah:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to the tour I took at Doman Chandon in Yountville California, in the heart of the Napa wine country, it is recomended that Champagne be consumed in the first 5 years! As for Champagne having to be from the Champagne region of France..."a rose by any other name is still a rose..."

Yes the techniques used outside of Europe are often quite different, as are the grapes, so it doesn't long age that well.

OK by my, just another excuse to dip into the wine cellar more often. :grinyes::beer:

Says LaoHuLi:

Australian 'Champagne' has vintage and non-vintage categories as well.

The vintage is the one that they know what day it was bottled last week....it's stamped on the plastic stopper.

And the non-vintage....they're not really sure what day it was bottled.

:beer::neener::doah:

We don't have ""Champagne"" sparkling white :neener:

I admit we produce some cheap rough wines.

However the best of OZ wines stand up well..and age to the best of france or the napa valley or all other wine producing countries..see all the medals they win ::

Served on many world airlines and hotels..oh and 7/11 in LOS :drunk:

Says LaoHuLi:

Yes the techniques used outside of Europe are often quite different, as are the grapes, so it doesn't long age that well.

Down in Middle Earth, Deutz have licensed production of their Champagne, I don't think they call it Champagne, but it's easily better than the French bottled wine.

Mind you down here, people still buy wine if it's made in France, shoes if they're made in Italy on the basis that it/they must be better. Me I'll stick with what is good, origin independant.

And my latest favourite is a lovely red from Brown Brothers in Australia, name of Tarango (sp?) light, pale, excellent summer wine.

Cheers

Coss

"""Check out the Bangkok Hilton International. A cup of coffee, if I remember right, is about 350 baht."""

Yeah coffee can be expensive in Thai prisons. didn't know they went international though

Archived