Are we losers?

mongatu

Because of her life long poverty that most farangs who have the luxury of world travel will never comprehend.

---------------------------------

I disagree. maybe for some, but not all. I did not always have the money i have now, and that still does not make me a rich man, or insures me for my retirement or against accident. Moreover, both sides on my parents came from very humble families, and when i see my GF's village, i can relate to that poverty, because for 2 years, as a chid, i lived with my grandparents in the farming countryside in France, and that spelled poor. thereafter, for 5 years, we lived, my parents and their 3 kids, in a 2 room house.

No, the great wealth that differentiates me and makes me angry about LOS, is the education i was given thru school and many other opportunities, unhindered and never discouraged.

Otherwise, my background makes me feel very close and comfortable with the humble stratas of thai society. Places, where not having too much money, people use their heart to make you feel welcome. Besides the language differences, That's where I can call home too.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Big_Kahuna:

That is known in English as a "joke," as in Fuck You If You Can't Take One.

so sorry, my deepest apologies that i am not familiar with hillbillyish. :bow:

I completely agree with your point. However, my comment was that this quality (i.e., women seeking men who can improve their lifestyle) is shared by women around the world. I get sick and tired of hearing people on this board describing Thai women as if they are the only women in the world that look for guys with money. It happens in the richest of countries with women of virtually all socioecomonic backgrounds. Do you disagree?

Of course there are exceptions such as Fly's, but that example does not dismiss the fact: "all things being equal" women will go for the guy who can improve their lifestyle.

So, should this discourage a guy from seeking a meaningful relationship with a Thai women because his money is important to her? Is she not capable of loving a good guy becuase she also wants a better lifestyle? I say bollocks.

Guest lazyphil

<<Do we need a visa to visit little Thailand in Albion?>>

I have a visa waiver policy for those with 9000 posts on nanaplaza.com :)

[color:"blue"]you mean i have to stop posting at 9000, if i want to waive the visa fee? How about 9001, 15378, 26598 posts? [/color]

Sure hope these aren't your projected post figures for October, November, and December. :banghead::grinyes:

i have asked myself this same question many times, usually after a night of overindulgence while peering into my empty wallet. but one thing is for certain, it sure is a lot of fun. i think that anyone who passes judgement on another is usually inadequate in there own way or just plain jealous of ones good fortune. just my 2 baht.

Archived