Are we losers?

mongatu

You deliberately used the word fuck as a way of deningrating my experience and putting yourself on a higher plane.

This is not about political correctness this is about your attitude towards those who engage in P4P and your superiority attitude.

In fact if there is anyone who is PC it is you with your holier than thou attitude to relationships and your notions of what is good and bad.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says Zorro:

You deliberately used the word fuck as a way of deningrating my experience and putting yourself on a higher plane.

This is not about political correctness this is about your attitude towards those who engage in P4P and your superiority attitude.

In fact if there is anyone who is PC it is you with your holier than thou attitude to relationships and your notions of what is good and bad.

you might have a point if i would be someone who has never "engaged in P4P". but as i have, and have never hidden that fact, neither in real life nor in this thread, you are completely off the mark here.

if you think that by attacking me here you can divert from the shallowness of your post (if not your way of thinking as well), than you are mistaken.

and do not make the mistake here please to think that just because i think about those things a bit deeper that i am a pussy - i am not.

so, do me and others the favour and keep the thread as civil and informative as it has been so far.

I understand you, Zorro, I think if talking to someone in particular, it would help not to use that strong word if he has not used it himself. We all know what's the use of it, and how common it is, but still it may have undue shock value.

I am put off sometimes how liberally it is used in Thailand by girls, not relating to sex acts.

Anyway, let it go, we've been chasing FlyW for years, all around the forum walls, trying to swap him, but he escapes every time, and now, we have accepted his buzzing as a familiar and re-assuring noise on NanaP.

;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

[color:"red"] And an aside - a friend of mine at work is being driven to distraction by his (farang) wife. Every night when he arrives home, tired and stressed out after a wearing day, she wants to talk about what she has been doing and have an intelligent conversation. I'm sure he would rather be left in peace while she chats on the phone to her sister in Udon - but she doesn't have one. He will soon be "stopping off for a swift half" on his way home, methinks.

[/color]

One thing that the Thai women I met here mention often is how lonely the life in the West is. I feel that it can be if ones don't have their own work or interest.

Since Hubby and I work in the same company, a break away from each other is valued and I find that talking right after work is not appropriate for us. So, mostly, we drove home together just listening to radio, got home and eat supper without any deep subject conversation, then we do what needed to unwind for about an hour then if needed, we talk.

It is a requirement for me to have sometime alone after work and IMO, many people are like me.

Cheers! :D

Fly,

I find it interesting how inflexible and idealistic younger guys (you are still relatively young) are when it comes to relationships. I've been through a long marriage (longer than yours) with a farang woman that didn't work out. Today, I have a much clearer idea about what I want from a relationship, and Thai culture fits those needs very well. Does it make me a loser for having a Thai wife? I couldn't give a fat fucking shit what anyone thinks of me. It's far more important what I think about myself, and I feel damn good that I do things totally on my terms now.

And as for the issue of women wanting a mans money? Show me a culture anywhere in the world where women of any age don't seek out men for financial security. All things being equal, a women will go for the guy with money, period.

One of the things I like about being older and having money is that it means something to women and I don't feel any shame about it. Does it mean that a women can't love a man becuase she's interested in a guy that can give her a nice life? I don't think so. I'm sure your happy marriage wouldn't be so happy if your wife had to farm dirt for the rest of her life.

My definition of a loser is a guy who spends his life doing things to impress others. In my view, it's the evolved man who pursues what makes him happy and makes no apologies about it.

>>>And as for the issue of women wanting a mans money? Show me a culture anywhere in the world where women of any age don't seek out men for financial security. All things being equal, a women will go for the guy with money, period.<<<

well, that has nothing to do with culture IMHO, but with individuals. and as you asked about my missus - when we came together she went for the bloke without the money. which, by the way, was me.

the other bloke who was interested in her at that time was by far more moneyed than me - one thai-chinese guy who was considering to kill me 'coz she liked me, the fucked up poor farang, and not him, the guy with more money in the bank than i will ever make.

so either i am the exception here, or there are also here more important things than money for some people.

>>>I'm sure your happy marriage wouldn't be so happy if your wife had to farm dirt for the rest of her life.<<<

actually, in about two days we are going upcountry where the missus is gonna farm dirt. it's harvest days then, and i will have a very hard time stopping her from working too much in the fields as usual.

believe it or not, she has been born at the side of a rice field, and she does like farm work a lot. the happiest she would be if i could give up my city life and go with her upcountry where she would do the "dirt farming".

>>>In my view, it's the evolved man who pursues what makes him happy and makes no apologies about it.<<<

i am sorry, but i do disagree there. the man you describe is the egoistic man.

the evolved man is the man who is able to put others before himself, who does not shun responsibility, social and personal.

Archived