Are we losers?

mongatu

Thanks KMS

Some seem to be of the opinion that our lives, even our romances should be carefully planned, weighed and only acted on after due consideration of all the possible consequences.

Even if I was able to do it, I would, like most IME, never be able to acheive it. Life, or at least mine, has never followed the pre-approved highway. Sure there were goals and lots of don't go there agains for previous personal experiences, by trying to figure out who will love me or who I should love...... just doesn't compute in my life or experience.

I know I'm a lucky SOB. I have 50+ year old friends who have never had anyone ever really love them. I have had several in my life, and those that are still alive are close personal friends...always will be. Can't stop the love just because you find you can't live together successfully. :grinyes:

I sure didn't sit down and say... gee I should go back to LOS and find some young (relatively speaking) girl to fall in love with me. Although I guess there are those that do. I'm actually a very monogomous person, but have spent many years working in Bar and nightlife scene in LOS and elsewhere, so I sure know all the viper pits one can easily fall into.

My current affair of the heart refused to say 'I love you' for many months, because in her words, " All the girls say that, if I say that to you, I have to mean it, and our lives will change."

Well they have changed, whether it is for the better or not, only time will judge. But once more in my life I am blessed with the knowledge that there is another human out there that truly wants to part of me as much as I want to part of her.

For that I am thankful.

For those who don't understand I am tolerant

For those who have never known this, I am sad.

If that makes me a loser, and according to some it does, then I certainly don't want to win whatever game it is they are in.

:beer:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>>>Every night when he arrives home, tired and stressed out after a wearing day, she wants to talk about what she has been doing and have an intelligent conversation. <<<

i don't think the need for attention is just a farang thing, that is very human. maybe that is just the language which i share with my missus, but she, who is thai, also needs communication with me. and yeah, sometimes i am just a bit to worn out. but i have to remind myself that she does mainly live for me, and i have to show her the respect not to ignore her even if i am a bit too tired at the particular moment.

maybe your friend needs to sort his priorities out a bit if he does not want to lose his wife one day.

FlyW said:

but i wonder how many old men here who are with young girls would be with them if there would not be an economical need on side of the girls (and an emotional one on side of the men)?

The thrust of your question, and the position of the guys objecting to these relationships is that its all about economics as far as the girls motives go. No question there are TGs who only want the farang's money.

Then I read HighThaid's story in trip reports. Seems that he has found a 24 year old girl who for years had no real hope of escaping a life of drudgery and work LOS style. (don't know how old HT is but it doesn't matter to the point i'm making)

HT of course is extremely nice to this girl does things for her no one ever bothered to do before and showed her the farang style of treating a girl (not saying that all tguys are bad, maybe i watch the guys who hang on the street too much?). HT and his girl are wildly in love now, he has even stopped sanuking in the bars. ::

This is what the girl had to say:

[color:"blue"] ......"I never, ever can dream, anyone can care for me, like you do".

[/color]

These relationships just about money? :dunno:

>>>Some seem to be of the opinion that our lives, even our romances should be carefully planned, weighed and only acted on after due consideration of all the possible consequences<<<

i definately am of that opinion.

for me a relationship is something very serious. i might fall in love very easily, but it takes a very long time before i trust someone enough to really love her.

and i believe one of the main reason for me having so far a successful relationship (nearly ten years now) is, that we did not jump into bed after the first date. we have spent months getting to know each other carefully before making the important step.

it is easy to "be in love", but it does take a long time to actually find out if two people are compatible enough so that there is a chance that "love" might develop one day. maybe i am a bit conservative here, but i do belive that just "being in love", even though a wonderful feeling, can blind people.

and taking relationship matters too easy, especially here in such a conservative society, often has desastrous results in a possible break up.

i have been in the middle too many times when friends of mine broke up during matters of incompatibility, and more than a few were very nasty. and i know more than a few relationships which are only kept somewhat alive because of children. relationships which could have been avoided by more consideration of both partners.

when just i am concerned i try to follow opportunities which open themselves, do not try to plan things too much. but when, such as in a relationship, somebody else is concerned as well, i think it is a matter of honor and respect to consider consequences very carefully. especially when the relationship is between people of such different backgrounds as between farang and thai.

but well, that's just me.

>>>These relationships just about money?<<<

well, i do not want to judge him here as i know nothing else than what he wrote. the only thing i can say is that appearances can deceive, especially here in thailand. and i wonder if he is aware of the huge responsiblity such an action might carry. more than a few western men i know have jumped here naively into things which they though very simple and straightforward at first, but then developed into a nightmare of problems.

I agree with every thing you say. Being in love and loving someone are different. Most of my post referred to the former, over which I don't believe anyone has any control.

The latter will depend on the effort each individual puts in, the acceptance of them and self, and in most cases, compromises of individual lifestyle to acheive a united one. It does take most of all time, and genuine concern for the others best interests, even sometimes at the cost of your own. But as you are well aware, there is no better situation wthen when these forces can work in harmony for common shared goals.

Yes, 'being in love' does blind most, perhaps all for a time, but the ideas is not to stay in that situation, and end up 'blindsided' but rather to welcome being there with eyes wide open.

Our eyes are open, and not all we see is pretty, but it is real...and for us at this stage, it is enough.

yes the 'in love' stage is mostly over,( but never completely I hope :grinyes:) as we grow into the loving stage.

Archived