Are we losers?

mongatu

>>>I think you are being a bit over judgemental about age difference situations and a bit too rosy eyed about the "true love" that supposedly characterizes all farang/farang relationships.<<<

not really, i do remember very well that when i was in school i was often the only person in class whose parents were not divorced.

true love, well, that is a rare thing, something that might grow over many years.

>>>The girls are happy if they have a "sugar daddy" and yes, they would probably prefer to have a young, handsome, Thai millionaire but they know that is not going to happen.<<<

to the pain of many older men in such situations - they often take the next best thing: the old one for comfort and security, and a good looking young bloke for a bit of fun on the side. some can live with that, i couldn't.

>>>Personally, I would like Kylie Minogue to be my live-in girlfriend, but I don't put a lot of effort into working out how I might achieve that objective.<<<

well, yeah, i wish for a japanese mia noi, and an italian one (just love the food). but my missus has some issues there... ::

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you tell me here?

you are divorced, middleaged, you like to fuck young girls which you could not get somewhere else and you refuse any emotional ties beyond the ones which are a result from a failed marriage.

hmmm, that's the story of your life?... i doubt.

do you ever question yourself, your actions and motives?

You seem to have a problem sir .

When you grow up and realise that life is not full of absolutes or black and whites and that there are many different ways to behave that may not fit your dogmatic view of the way things should be, you might just find that you enjoy life more.

I find it interesting that you use the word "fuck" young girls when i actually said have sex with.

That tells me more about your attitude than anything else.

In my situation where i am presently not able to have a committed relationship due to previous family committments and lack of financial ability would it be fair to string someone along when i have no intention of forming a long term committment .

I am sorry i do not think so.

I don't have any problems with what i am doing and i have thought about it.

In a perfect world we would all be good to each other and we would all have successful loving relationships etc.unfortunately it isn't a perfect world and we continually make comprimises if we are to survive and prosper.

What, Fly have a problem?? :grinyes:

You don't want to string a girl along, do you? When in Thailand, best to make sure who's stringing whon along. Like that old con artist adage about if you're involved in a con, make sure you're not the one being conned!

There's "making love" and there's "fucking." Both can feel excellent. :beer:

>>>You seem to have a problem sir <<<

a lyer or a saint who doesn't have one.

and, no, dogmatism is not one of my problems.

>>>I find it interesting that you use the word "fuck" young girls when i actually said have sex with.

That tells me more about your attitude than anything else.<<<

i didn't think that you are so hung up on the PC use of what describes more or less the same thing.

but if it helps you to attack me - be free, i can take it.

What percent of general society will look down a punter if they knew they were involved with a Bar girl .??? 90%???

What percentage of the general society would look down apon an old man and young lady ( any race) ??90%??

What percentage of the general society would look down apon a white guy and a non white girl.. 60%?

Dont know the answer. People will have varying views and as long as you know this before hand and am able to handle people hassling you then go for it. If it will be a problem on the relationship or your personal mental health than forget about it.

I have found what constitutes a loser has changed over the last few years.. I have become more "thai" thinking after years of living here and dont have a tourist set of mind anymore..IN some things I am more tolerent , and other things just actually turns my stomach. I guess we are all changing. I notice that nearly all the expats have gone through the same changes of feelings. Just look at stickmans site for an example. What we used to think was normal is now very abnormal. Different enviroments and frame of mind from years ago.

As far as I know (and I'm sure someone here will happy to correct me if I'm wrong), virtually all, if not all, participants in longterm intimate relationships experience some problems and issues having to do with the relationship. And it is reasonable to expect there would probably be difficulties and problems beyond the norm when the relationship involves people from very different cultures and backgrounds (e.g., farang/thai). And these problems/difficulties would only be compounded when there is a large age difference in addition to the aforementioned cultural differences. I think dealing with and overcoming these types of issues would be the main challenge in such a relationship. What others not involved in the relationship may think about me and how I choose to live never has been and would not now be much of a concern for me.

hmmm, that's the story of your life?... i doubt.

do you ever question yourself, your actions and motives?

-----------------------------

He may want to keep his story as private as you and I keep ours. I actually think the number of answers he gave means he asked himself the questions and explains the motivation. He may have been self-questionning himself at other moments in his life, and it sounds that now, he just wishes to relax and not embark on another life swirling experience.

And actually, what he may be saying is aggreing with you: because one has the company of a young woman does not mean she loves you, so better see things are they truly are, not be fooled and wishful thinking. Just as I read your take on TG with older farangs.

What percentage of the general society would look down apon a white guy and a non white girl.. 60%?

-----------------------

I dunno where you got that one, but frankly: :: :doah: :: :doah:......

The problem with this discussion is that everyone sticks to that one snapshot of things as they appear. I feel that most are willing to validate the prejudices of the "general society" about young girls and older men. But going back to the topic as titled, who the hell knows that someone is a loser because for 5 seconds he sees and older guy with a young gal. How about seeing them for 10 years, with 2 kids: still a loser?

Archived