TG, less intell. than other Asian/West. females?

jasmine

>Heh, heh, hehhh, hold the horses!

jp1,

I think it's not just a pure coincidence that a Japanese man said what he did.

You would know better than me about their inclinations towards treasuring such feelings, sometimes even making them known.

Something like "farang in Thai" for Thais but much, much stronger.

Not really instutionalized but always there.

In this case, Thais were looked down upon...but they (Thais) don't stay short in that department with their neighbours (Cambodia, Burma...) ..or with us, farangs, guests forever. A vicious circle, I better leave intra-Asian relationships away from here.

To answer Jasmine's question, after the above digression I can only say - don't know enough. The circle I was within - uneducated girls - was exactly where expected to be. A few demonstrations of good heart don't really count here. Colossal lack of responsibility for their own health, money...but as I said, that's not average Thailand.

The Japanese man from the story, must had known many Thais, many more than me. If he had formed his opinion based on his encounter with a one uneducated girl, he is a moron.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You would know better than me about their inclinations towards treasuring such feelings, sometimes even making them known.

What can I say? You're right. There is not much to add. Unfortunately this kind of thinking is widely spread all over Japan. That's one of the reasons why Japanese are not liked in other Asian countries. But what can you expect from people who are not even taught their own infamous past at schools, where big parts of the ruling party and government is still in denial about the Nanjing massacres as well as the occupation of Korea and atrocities in China. OK, lets not talk about politics over here. :nono::)

Jasmine

No race is superior to anyone on this earth. It is the environment & the education that makes all the difference. Look at us, with the Asian background we are all are doing great in the US. Look at the universities where a large no., of Asians comes to study and this includes the women also, where they are doing great. I have dealt quite a bit in my career with Japanese clients and they are not only tough to deal but they think that they are superior in technology or race, this was once a upon-time but no more. :neener: Even within the Japanese society they have a strict social structure where some think they are smart & and above the others. ::

I think the BG?s are far smarter; ::the tourists with all the great western education and working, fall flat for them without thinking. :neener: I would say the BG is far more intelligent & smart with a minimal education; she can deal with multiple educated men, who come across the world.

When it comes to IQ, I think the US women are no great, in my last company, my secretary could not figure the timings, :banghead: it took quite a bit of explaining with the globe as to why I arrive on the same day even though I take the flight on the same day from India, as she had to arrange a limo for my pick-up from JFK.

I firmly believe that it the environment & education that makes all the difference. :bow:

Cheers :beer:

vinod

[color:"red"]Your friend should choose her guests with more care. It is not the p4p girls that should be questioned here, but rather the arch typical stereotype of the Japanese businessman that you met in the flesh.

[/color]

Ney, actually she did it on purpose so most of the times, we invited different people to join us for we love opinions. We can listen to most anything because what people think is fascinated to us. We don't have to be friends with them.

Notice, Hubby thinks I am wasting my time, what can I say?

It is not the first time that I heard Thais are less intelligent even though many of us can compete with the best of them in any subject. We never should lump a race/nation together, but then how many times I have heard from the Thais that the Loatians or any Loa descents are not so smart? Prejudice, I agree. I ran into an manager of my company who is a Korean descent who has things about Southeast Asians (especially Thai women) and when he needed my help for his project, I told him to play with himself and that felt good! ::

Jasmine ::

[color:"red"] The Japanese man from the story, must had known many Thais, many more than me. If he had formed his opinion based on his encounter with a one uneducated girl, he is a moron.

[/color]

He has travelled for the last 30 years to Thailand and occasionally stayed over 6 months at a time. He also worked up country in some factories so he has a good authority to his opinion. :bow: Not all he said was untrue either.

I do find many Thais lacking good formal education but many of them are quite wise, especially, the older ones.

[color:"red"]Trust you gave him an earfull.

Many Thai females studying in my country,law ,science etc

So are other females from other asian countries.

[/color]

No I didn't give him an earful for I do like meeting people who can give me honest opinions. I would not turn people off because of their attitudes, I like them to talk more. ::

For me, intelligence can be gained not only from formal education. I have friends with PhDs who cannot handle life worth a flip, too dumb to think outside of what they studied. On another hand, I have met some people (I count my blessings) who barely can write Thai but the best on problem analysis and solution.

It takes all kinds of people to make a society function and I count my blessings that some people feel comfortable to be themselves with me. I have a very good friend now fro the last 20 years who does not think well about Thai women (experience with Thai women) but he is one of my best friends, I think he has forgotten that I was born Thai! :grinyes:

?Thai women do not have intellectual capacity equal to other Asians/Western counterparts". Of course, he thought about having children and worried that his children with such Thai women would not have good blood.

Ok, he spoke about intellectual capacity, not intelligence. Given that the intellectual capacity also depends on the education, he is probably right. (just in general)

But acquired capacities are not in the "blood" (inherited). So he should worry about the intelligence (unless he was thinking if a uneducated woman would be able to educate his children, but with good schools this shouldn't be a problem.)

There are no significant differences between races concerning intelligence. And then the big differences are between the members of the same race. So your japanese friend could just search a intelligent thai woman...

But maybe he isn't able to find out who is intelligent....

From my experience TGs are just as intelligent as their western counterparts, with the difference that the western girls are just too lazy to use their intelligence....

Best regards

Another idea:

High class people are in general less intelligent than low class people, because:

1) inzest (they marry mostly in their class)

2) less natural selection

3) really intelligent people can't rise to the high class (not that they would like to rise ::)

Best regards

typical sextourist/sexpat crap.

-------------------------

why limit it to those? Add thai male domination crap. Until very recently, and still in many corners, the role of women was strictly limited to serve father, brother, husband, son or customer. Only as they grew older, did they start, maybe, to hold their own, but yes, the opportunity for a good or diverse education was lost already by then. Look at the society around you, ask around to the women if they make the same salary for the same job. My Gf could not go to school, because as usual, the money was spent best on the son. She was told that directly by her father. At 16, she was told to marry one guy, her brother one year younger, just got married of his own choice at 27.

I can go on, but basically, once you are made to behave as told and stay in your place, it sure does not mean you were born with less intelligence than others, but seeds of knowledge cannot grow, unless watered and nurtured.

Archived