TG, less intell. than other Asian/West. females?

jasmine

[color:"red"] Look at the society around you, ask around to the women if they make the same salary for the same job. My Gf could not go to school, because as usual, the money was spent best on the son. [/color]

Typical Thai thinking. When my father got killed when I was 16, most well-wishers said that I should quit school so my little brother would have the money. ::

Thai society needs to be educated that women can do as well and opportunities must be there. There are a few more now who think that we are the same, P127 as you know that there are more women graduated from Univ. in Thailand at this time. The ones who really need help is the grass-roots people and I hope the help will come very soon. :banghead:

[color:"red"] can go on, but basically, once you are made to behave as told and stay in your place, it sure does not mean you were born with less intelligence than others, but seeds of knowledge cannot grow, unless watered and nurtured. [/color]

I couldn't have said it better. :hug:

Jasmine ::

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[color:"red"] If you say "because their education system etc is better." A response could be "japanese are more intelligent that is why they developed an education system." Maybe intelligence came first and the advanced educ/economic system is the result, not vice versa.

[/color]

Interesting point. One thing that many Thai people should train themselves to do is planning for the future. Also, caring what their children's future is, IMO, needs to be taught to many Thais. I am not saying that they don't love their children but many, just think about money and whatever their children do is irrelevant, I find that very difficult to comprehend.

Cheers! ::

[color:"red"] So, you girls are really just trolling

[/color]

No darling, we are fishing!! For what, it is up to you :neener:

[color:"red"] Would have loved to have been there.

[/color]

It happened very recently and I said that in front of my boss who is a retired colonel from the AF. He choked on his cofee and had to go home to change ::

Many people think that I am doing well because I sleep with one of the managers (Hubby) and being an Asian woman in IT management is not all roses. :: I casn handle it though.

Cheers! :devil:

It takes all kinds of people to make a society function and I count my blessings that some people feel comfortable to be themselves with me. I have a very good friend now fro the last 20 years who does not think well about Thai women (experience with Thai women) but he is one of my best friends, I think he has forgotten that I was born Thai!

Hi Jasmine,

Yes very true.

twenty years is a long time ....but to forget you were born Thai ,maybe you have become westernized over the years?

I think that many Thai people are well adapted to and intelligent in their world, who may not come across as intelligent in western eyes because of a lack of what we would call formal or advanced level education.

From living in Japan, I know how highly the Japanese regard education. Perhaps your guest was making the same assumption as many in the west do about people from third world countries, and associating intelligence with education. Of course, in traditional Japanese society, the mother would not work and as such, would have a great influence in the child's formative education.

As a race, I do not consider the Thais less intelligent. They are often less knowledgeable in a commercial sense and also less aware of the world outside their immediate or home environment but many are hard working, using the best of their abilities.

Many in the west have high levels of education but achieve very little.

what struck me, is their mode of non-thinking., and I still put it on a highly pragmatical mind on their part. Very limited choice of education and a certain behaviour expected from you, so why encumber oneself with imagination and multiple choices?

Many different ways to look at intelligence. An unencumbered mind is/was the goal of some very great thinkers.

Many members on this forum seem to mix education with intelligence or willingness to think.

I assume most of the posters here consider themselves more intellectually advanced then uneducated thai girls, so here is a test. You must answer the following question instantly. It is one of the most important questions of our time. If you are highly intelligent you will be able to do it without stopping to think. Here it is:

Why do we live and die?

Too late, you hesitated. You have a very long way to go before you are enlightened. Your mind is too encumbered with formal education logic reasoning etc, you probably don't even think about questions like this.

A thai girl would have trouble with this question also, but i doubt she would have performed any worse than you.

::

As a race, I do not consider the Thais less intelligent.

Thais are a race? :doah: They're citizens of a nation called Thailand but they're no race. They belong to the Mongoloid race. This race includes Malayan, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Thais. Indochinese, Mongols, Siberians, Eskimos, and American Indians and maybe a few others as well. :)

Archived