TG, less intell. than other Asian/West. females?

jasmine

government is still in denial about the Nanjing massacres as well as the occupation of Korea and atrocities in China.

Stating the obvious, the racial superiority felt by some japanese is what made the slaughter possible, since the victims were no better than animals or livestock in their mind. So it seems these ideas are still held.

The man's opinion based on his experience traveling around is still an interesting one. Are japanese more intelligent? Why are the japanese more successful?

If you say "because their education system etc is better." A response could be "japanese are more intelligent that is why they developed an education system." Maybe intelligence came first and the advanced educ/economic system is the result, not vice versa.

And as to the thai system... :dunno:

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is a segment that represents the worst in prejudice, arrogance, and haughtiness that asia has to offer.

Your lunch companion was one of them.

---------------------------

I think here, it has nothing to do with being japanese. Sit down with a few guys at NEP, Walking st, heck tonight in SF with other members, we will ruffle a few feathers about questionning thai women ability to think good, and be good wives prospects. I will balance all this, with my usual "take it case by case" , but i think there is something to say about the lack of curiosity and imagination, plus low propension to learn from many thai women i met, and not just P4P.

I am sure, if pressed, the japanese guy would agree it has nothing to do with genes and gender but the way the society is rather careless about pedagogical self-improvement, and encourages in very subtle ways not to "think too mutt"....

since the victims were no better than animals or livestock in their mind.

---------------------------

Not so different from the girls portrayed in farang sex reports and post snippets here.......

Guys, let's not substitute one racism for another against japanese. I mean, I never heard full apologies for the killings and land spoliations of american indians either, though a whole culture and people was ghettoed and parked like cattle too.

So, let's keep to the subject.

i always wonder why so many topics always drive people to abstract opinions. Can people speak from their experiences, after meeting thai women, as i guess they did?

It does not have to be a yes or no answer, but what struck you about their mode of thinking? I dare say, what struck me, is their mode of non-thinking., and I still put it on a highly pragmatical mind on their part. Very limited choice of education and a certain behaviour expected from you, so why encumber oneself with imagination and multiple choices?

As middle-class realizations become a fact of larger thai society, more and more thai women will get more and more independent and make their own choices, at least in BKK and a few other big urban centers (CM mostly), therefore will rely on their own thinking and prize better knowledge. Good for them.

Can people speak from their experiences, after meeting thai women, as i guess they did?

It does not have to be a yes or no answer, but what struck you about their mode of thinking? I dare say, what struck me, is their mode of non-thinking.

Ok, I will only speak from my limited experience: Actually what me struck from my first visit 5 years ago was that thai women just think much more than their western sisters. And that is exactly what I like so much!

Many members on this forum seem to mix education with intelligence or willingness to think. Of course I can't have a discussion about world politics with a uneducated isaan girl. But I can't have such a discussion with most of the educated europeen girls neither, because they are not interested in this.

If you really want to test if someone is able to think, then you should test it with a subject they know well. But of course a poor thai woman knows only subjects which we farangs don't know at all....

During my last visit I played chess with some fishers: I lost every game. Ok, I was never really good at chess and the thai rules are not the same and they play probably every day. But they were certainly fairly intelligent.

Another good test is "4 wins": Till now I haven't met a really intelligent BG. But they are not less intelligent than most other women.

Another test is how they handle communication with only a limited vocabulary.

So from my experience, thai women are as intelligent as farang women and they are less lazzy to think. But of course the knowledge of thai women is much smaller. (lack of education)

Best regards

And that is exactly what I like so much!

------------------------------

Well, fast back in the abstract, aren't you?. i thought you were going to give examples backing your opinion, but all i find is fishermen playing chess and beerbar games. How's that help about "subject they know about"?.... ::

But of course a poor thai woman knows only subjects which we farangs don't know at all....

-----------------------------------------

Hence our curiosity about their lives, often frustrated by "back to square one" answers......

concrete example:

Farang: if you go to school, you can learn, speak english, many men will like speaking to you then, find you smart. A little bit everyday can help

girl: yes, i want to go school, but first i help mama, i help baby... after i go school.

my point: school/learning has nothing to do with daily life, with bettering one's situation in their eyes. the fact that it can set them apart and open hearts, is defeated by the realization that tomorrow does not exist, only today, and today "I need money...".

I can relate the japanese guy's statement to many farangs who really liked a girl, but just thought the "TIT" (sorry, FlyW) package coming with her was a real risk in betting on a durable RT. Actually, this is my case, many times.....

It is not intellligence but educational opportunity. Too many people confuse intelligence with formal education. Thailand is not a place that promotes education, hence the overall populace suffers.

Hi JJ,

I agree with this 100%.

I would dearly love to be able to conduct an Eliza Doolittle-style experiment with a child from an Isaan village : have the child raised in the West, given access to good schooling and a supportive home life, then see how well he/she scores on our 'standard' IQ test. The cultural biases implicit in Western testing have long been the focus of controversy - they consign many of our own children to the educational wastebasket - we need to put that crap to one side and look at the overall picture.

What is intelligence, anyway ? I have met academics who seem to have trouble tying their own shoelaces, and tradespeople whom I consider to be extremely 'switched on', regardless of the amount of formal schooling they have under their respective belts.

To me, an 'intelligent' person has the capacity to critically evaluate a proposal / situation / challenge and make a rational decision. Whether this requires research or simple 'common sense' is irrelevant : the point is that they dont blindly accept what is placed in front of them. If what I have read here over the last 18 months is any guide, this is an area where Thailand's education system shortchanges its citizens grievously. In that regard, its right up there with MTV.

Fuck me, what a good thread. I happened on this purely by accident. Not really my thing.

Flyonzewall summed up my view in about 2 sentences (damn him, he's always so bloody right !) and P127 and naiv are going great guns on expanding the theme.

Atiew, love the Eliza Doolittle idea / analogy.

Jas, good topic. Now I'm going to sit back and watch y'all thrash this one out.

Hi Vinod,

I agree with you that races should not make any differences in intelligence if things are equal.

[color:"red"] I would say the BG is far more intelligent & smart with a minimal education; she can deal with multiple educated men, who come across the world.

[/color]

I find this fascinating myself but being a woman, some men (not directly to any one on this board), in some certain amourous time do not think clearly and that happens to women too.

On the US woman you mentioned, I have met several such, IMO, it is the school systems taht don't expose them to the outside-of-USA much. In this case I find European much better on knowledge. It never ceases to amaze me when people think I am from Taiwan and had no clue where Thailand is.

[color:"red"] firmly believe that it the environment & education that makes all the difference. [/color]

I agree and would like to add that belief in education in Thailand in the grassroots people and the education are ones of the major things which are holding back the Thais. I have stupidly believed for a long time that places in Isaan was better on education.

[color:"red"] it took quite a bit of explaining with the globe as to why I arrive on the same day even though I take the flight on the same day from India, as she had to arrange a limo for my pick-up from JFK [/color]

Yea, Vinod, how can you arrive the USA in the same day from India? :neener: At least most people know (I hope) where India is.

Take care :hug:

[color:"blue"] I ran into an manager of my company who is a Korean descent who has things about Southeast Asians (especially Thai women) and when he needed my help for his project, I told him to play with himself and that felt good!

[/color]

Would have loved to have been there. :grinyes:

And really would have liked to have heard his comments about you at the bar later. :cover:

[color:"blue"]Ney, actually she did it on purpose so most of the times, we invited different people to join us for we love opinions. We can listen to most anything because what people think is fascinated to us. We don't have to be friends with them.

[/color]

So, you girls are really just trolling :grinyes::shhh::nono:

Archived