Are things getting back to normal in Panthip?

short-time

Went today (10Nov) to get some SW. Only very view SW stalls were open.

Normal procedure...order, pay and wait 20 minutes.

Movies weren't on display, but I guess far over 50 guys hanging around and asking if you are interested in DVD's..

Unconvinient, but still everything is available.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, even the DVD's along Sukh were gone....

[color:"blue"]

I noticed today that DVDs on Suk are very very low-key. It's still there but now the titles are shown in folders that's tucked away if there's no customers. I know one day last week, the cops took DVDs off the street.

Didn't see the seller I know today so couldn't get any scoop but it looks like a "crack-down" on fake items is on right now.

[/color]

Says Sarisin:

I just got home (6pm Nov. 10) and walked past two vendors selling DVDs on Suk (even sois).

I was not aware, that DVDs are also sold on the even Sois. Thanks for the info, I will check it out today (I am somewhat desperately looking for the new Matrix).

Says Palatkik:

Pantip isn?t the be all and end all.

That's very true and, as may have been mentioned already, sales of pirated software and movies are largely unaffected for example at Seacon Square. It works well for me and I actually think it's easier to drive there than to Panthip!

Thanks elef. I will check it out as I haven't been there for years. However, I just found the new Matrix - Revolution on Sukh, THB 120 :)

It seems, it is the time to compile the known places. What I have collected so far:

- Central City Bangna ("Centon Bangna" for the taxi driver)

- Chatuchak

- Fortune Town

- Hollywood (near by Panthip, programs and movies but no xxx-movies)

- MBK

- Patpong (movies only)

- Seacon Square

- Seri Center

- Sukh (movies only)

- Zeer (Rangsit)

May be, somebody knows more places or can comment on the list? Thank you very much.

Archived