Are things getting back to normal in Panthip?

short-time

Was just wondering, now that APEC has come and gone are things starting to loosen up regarding software availability? BTW, regarding pirated software in Asia; one might think it would have been a big issue on the table at the APEC summits, seems all Bush wanted to talk about was terrorism? I think the guy sees terrorists in his soup.

ST

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uh, I wouldn't give the impression that it is the same as before.

I was there yesterday at 3pm and ALL the bogus software/DVD joints were closed. There were several dozen uniformed and plain-clothes police, some taking out guys in handcuffs.

I went there to buy cartridges for my printer and don't buy the copies all that often. But, 2 out of the last 3 times I was in Panthip, the places that sell copies were closed.

Unfortunately, it really is hit or miss. You will not know what is going on until you arrive at Panthip.

Maybe we can get the police to post an information hotline when raids are scheduled. ;)

Bummer, think I like the sound of japio1's post better? Unfortunately I suspect the reality is that things in Panthip will never return to the way they were in the 'good old days'. In another year or two pirated goods such as watches and handbags may disappear as well from places like Patpong.

Yep, things are changing in LOS. Understand there's not much nudity in the bars anymore and pussy shows are a thing of the past. Damn! Wonder how long before they close down the BJ bars? ::

ST

Archived