Are things getting back to normal in Panthip?

short-time

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

K Sarisen where abouts were the stands. On the main road but the KFC? On the same side of the street?

Can you give me a starting place. Any more info on the Market in Mo Chit. Shite, thats one end to the other on the BTS!

What I'm looking for are high end publishing programs to replace the ones I have that won't run on XP and there are not upgrades for. Corel Ventura or Pagemaker or Qwark.

Hi LaoHuLi!

I don't know about Corel Ventura but Pagemaker and Quark Express are available everywhere!

KB, I had a guide take me, but it wasn't hard to find. When you get off the Skytrain On Nut stop, just head towards Lotus. Instead of going into Lotus, go down to the street level. You will see lots of stands there, mostly selling clothes. But, there are a few that are selling DVDs and VCDs too. The stand I patronized had two very cute vendors working there too....

I've seen both programs available at Seacon Square. Go down to basement level, there you'll find 'kiosks' and stores with just about everything you need. I was sent by a friend to find some obscure, retail USD 5000, 'Geographical Information Software' and -- to my surprise -- they had it! 100 baht per disk! :drunk:

However, Adobe Pagemaker and Quark should be available during 'normal circumstances' at Panthip as well.

Thank you very big. :bow::applause:

Yes, the price of programs here has gotten silly. Ventura, Qwark and Pagemaker are all about 30,000 baht here. And the version of Pagemaker I have is upgradeable for about half of that, but won't run on WinXP. :banghead:

I am really not a supporter of pirated software, or anything else, but the manufacturers seem to have forgotten about small business and priced their products beyond the reach of most of us. With the cost of manufacturing the discs at an alltime low, and the development cost largely absorbed already, I find it insulting that they need to 'gouge' people who will, with a reasonably priced product, become lifelong customers and supporters. Apparently, their marketing consultants studied in the Thai hospitality industry.

Once again, thank you. If we meet, the beers are on me. :beer:

Archived