Chocolates

Crash999

I was casually informed that it's some sort of New Year's tradition here to buy gifts (a lot of time food) for office staff. Checked this out with the GM of our sister company who confirmed that she buys everyone ice cream.

So I thought about getting everyone in our office (80% female) chocolates! But for the life of me I can't recall seeing any local outlets for chocolates. A friend suggested the Oriental shop, but I'm not sure that hiking down there will be fruitful and may be potentially expensive.

Any other suggestions for food-related office gifts?

Thought about bringing in a dozen Durians and then heading home early... heheh... ::

There is supposed to be an excellent Belgian Chocolate place on Soi 49 off Sukhumvit. Not sure of the name , something to do with "Praline", perhaps. I have read two reviews of it and they both praised the choc. products but I haven't had time to check it out yet. Think it is owned by 2 belgian brothers.

Just found the review from the Nation:

Due De Praslin

16 Sukhumvit Soi 49, soi 14

02 381-6691 Open mon -sat (0830-1830).

There is also a chocolate place at the Emporium, 5th floor, oppostie KFC, right next to the up-escalator to the theater. Not too bad.

You already have a few good suggestions here.

Most of the nice hotels have a shop that sells chocolates and many other imported goodies. I used to go to The Regent Shop to buy gifts like this for my staff. The Hyatt has a good shop too near Spasso's.

Not cheap, mind you.

The various Oriental shops are indeed good. Pricy, but will always impress. There's one in the food/grocery area of The Emporium and one in the mani Central Department Store on Chitlom. Good quality.

• 2 years later...

Sorry for dragging up such an old thread, but had the best chocolate yesterday and I really don't fancy chocolate very much.

Was given a huge box of the most delicious "Duc de Praslin" from:

GalloThai Co., Ltd.

16 Soi Prasertsit, Sukhumvit Soi 49-14 Rd.

Klongton Nua, Wattana

Bangkok 10110

Tel: 02-381-6691, 02-392--1120~1

Fax: 02-381-6690

email: galothai@loxinfo.co.th

www.gallothai.com

(Same shop as discussed earlier in the thread)

So, if anyone is searching for my New Year's presents, hint....hint.

Cheers!

Archived