Cathay Pacific Observations

Dali

>Emirates is one of the best run airlines anywhere ;

The industry has to recognize that. It is not happening.

The status they are enjoying could be one of a money sprayed mickey mouse airline. Nothing of the hard work and experience CX has.

Are Emirates inventing or copying what others do, off their own money?

>look at their website and the awards they received.

To see what? What they think of themselves?

When other airlines say "we do it the way Emirates do it" I would believe.

Awards from polls filled by happy pampered passengers mean a little to me.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think too mut,

as you seem to try a judgement about something that you never come across in your lifetime, I'll try it slowly to widen your horizon :

Skytrax is the most respected tool in this industry ( explanation : the airline -industry ) to find out what people think . it is not a money-orientated magazine where 20 full page adverts bring you to the top of the league.

This respected tool this year voted Emirates second behind Cathay and Singapore 3rd , the last 2 years I think they ( they : Emirates ) won. What does this tell us ? It tells us they are among the best 3 wordwide in several consecutive years, that money sprayed mickey mouse airline with more new planes on order than any other carriers.

The promise " we do it the way Emirates do it " you probably do not hear too often because that would be really difficult to achieve.

Their lounges in Dubai make all others look poor by the way; I am under the constant temptation to move to Emirates from my beloved Thai Airways. If only they became Star Alliance one day soon.

Bbill

Old Hippie,

I now decided to be in Christmas mood , generous and understanding . Not all of us are priviledged to have access to the final truth . Which creates insults against Airbus Industries and Gulf States airlines. I shall not participate any more in this thread because if I do my Christmas mood might disappear again.

Peace shall be with you , but not with ThinkTooMut .

BuBi

All I can say is that when I flew Emirates the first and only time from Dubai to kuala lumpur a couple of years ago,it was exceptional service. I thought I was in airline Nirvana. I flew biz but I thought it was first class compared to US carriers.

The airline must not have alot of discount travelers,seeing as they are profitable. A sheik as a subsidizer or not;you cannot run a profitable airline if you do not provide the service that your customers want and have restraints on cost. Emirates is definitely doing something right but I doubt if their model could be applied to European or American carriers.

Art, I can only think that you have stopped wearing your hat when you go out in the midday sun. In my extensive experience of living and travelling in China over the past 18 months, my view is that the hosties match the level of service and food on Chinese airlines - plain, dull and disinterested.

In fact, I am starting to suspect they are trained in Oz, at the Qantas flight school.

You ought to see what flies as far as flight attendants go on the LAX-NRT flights on Northwest Airlines :help: Most of the attendants on this segment are big fat pig grandmothers past their retirement age with arrogant attitudes to match ::

I'll take any asian flight attendant over what crap the U.S. airlines have to offer as far as their flight attendants go. I prefer flying any Asian airline to Asia from the U.S. :grinyes:

Archived