christmas morning church service

whosyourdaddy

Old Hippie said:

I think it is safe to say 100% in one form or another.

There is ALWAYS one guy in every group who claims otherwise

Old Hippie said:

Well, for starters, if P4P violates someones mores or values, I would say that person has no business being in a P4P venue, much less engaging in P4P activities.

Exactly my point, so the liklihood of a sanctimonious bible thumper is little or none. Hence my surprise at the comments about chuch.

Old Hippie said:

"...Someone asks to find a church. It should have been the same reaction as if he asked to find a good barber, go go bar or bank..."

I agree here. Non the less, it has for the most part turned into a decent discussion.

Hmm, perhaps , but I guess the comments were 'preaching to the choir' if you will. I haven't met any sanctimonius bible thumpers on this site so far and doubt I will. I think its safe to say your 100% prediction for those that have engaged in P4P can be applied to bible thumpers.

The nuances and beliefs in religion is always interesting but its hard to discuss without emotional involvement. Politics and religion...and BGs cause the passions to be enflamed!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess, for some reason I though people on the board would a bit more worldly than just knowing about where to get a BJ on christmas. But I answered my own question and found out where we are going for xmas. Hopefully it will be better than the other services I have been to in the kingdom.

Uhm? I saw at least two serious answers to your post and there were even some follow-up conversation. -- Were you by any chance talking to yourself? Perhaps you should set up your own board... :grinyes:

Are there any more Handel's Messiah performances scheduled? Bummer I missed 'em. How did you find out about them in advance? Perhaps this kind of thing is well advertised in the Bangkok Post? There's also a US tradition of the Nutcracker Suite over New Years. I've never seen it, but if it's around, I'd be interested.

Also, in a slightly different vain, er, uh, vein, don't forget the report on Edens. Personally, I'm more interested in your upcoming conversation with Marc than just the action with the girls. Oh to be a fly on the wall! :shhh:

Hi!

I grew up with a very religeous English Canadian mother. She always taught me that all evil in the world stemed from catholics. She was of course totally wrong. We both come from old and small European countries that are protestant. I agree completely on your views of religeous hypocrisy. I would personally regard the protestants as the worst. I suppose this could be due to the fact that I grew up in a protestant country and saw the hypocrasy first hand.

In the small town where I grew up we had a high ranking priest the was very controversial. He use start all his xmas night sermons with saying - "Those of you who don't attend church on a regular basis have no business being here. Would you please leave". This was one of very few priests that I have respected.

regards

ALHOLK

elef said:

"Lord, make me holy, but not yet!"

St Augustine

:beer:

No one (who had ever met one) ever said that human beings were fully consistent and logical. According to the tradition in which a lot of us were raised, we are all sinners. Granted, some of us do more than our share to prove that point.

Merry Xmas guys!

Archived