Thai Pilots... How good in emergency?

MooNoi

anyone ever flown with a female pilot(any nationality qualifies)?

I have flown with female pilots several times including one commandeering a sparkling new BA 777 from LHR ? EWR a few years back. No difference. Same, same.

Personally, give me an Aussie, Brit or European flight-deck crew and I'm a LOT more comfortable!

I fly with American and Japanese flight-deck crews all the time. Alot. Never once did I think ?wow, this is not cool - there isn't a European or Aussie at the helm!!?. Conversely, when on a flight where the captain is European or Australian, I never wish that they were American, Japanese or Thai. Kind of judging the book by its cover with that statement.

As far as the poster?s original question, I am with jp1 all the way, TG pilots are well qualified and I wouldn?t even raise this issue. And note the original post only inquires about TG. Lastly, these days, my concerns do not lie with the flight crew but instead with the ground maintenance staff, and, more importantly, who's sitting around me and the competence of the airport security.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a general rule most western airlines have better pilots . As mentioned with a lot of oriental airlines bar Cathay Pacific and Singapore the first officer often will not pipe up..... this is particularly the case with Korean Airlines and China Air.....

I personally feel safer on the likes of BA, Quantas Air France, KLM; than I do on Thai etc......

On the topic of female pilots I dont think they can be as good as male pilots, we all know wome are crap drivers

STH

spirit,

ref women crap drivers etc ... . Might well be, but women react more sensibly under stress than men. Tested by Lufthansa which about 10 years ago started to hire female cockpit crew. They put them in a simulator on competition with male pilots and won the battle all the way through. This incuded ladies who had ' lady ploblem ' to find out if that influences them and it does but just marginally. There are more female people in the cockpit than you think because most of them still are first officers and you do not hear them talking over the loudspeaker.

Ref Asian / falang pilots. If the Asians are so bad, where are the planes falling out of the sky every day ? Over Christmas I read stories about airline desasters , American Airlines crashing into the ground due to unbelievable stupidity approaching Lima , German plane running out of fuel over Vienna and so forth. Can't see any white face advantage. Training is the same anyway.

Interesting to know what the yello man thinks about that, does not trust falang or what ? There are really BAD BAD news for you : avoid Ko Samui under any circumstances , Bangkok Airways have at least 2 female pilots now . Can you imagine that ? Asian FEMALE , Jesus Christ.

BuBi

Guest lazyphil

Never felt uneasy on an Asian Airline--however I got shit up flying Avianca (airline of Colombia) the last leg from Bogata to Lima they decided not to gain any altitude just scrapping over mountains and just nose dived (I'm sure a female pilot) and landed at Cali for an unscheduled stop over--4 men in black suits came on the plane mooching about and we took off again.

Archived