Thai Pilots... How good in emergency?

MooNoi

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....but in an emergency, in a high-pressure situation, would the Bhuddist traits, the "Thai-ness" and a feeling of "mai pen rai" and "its all part of the big plan" come into play???

...why wouldn't it be the focus, strength and control on par with, for example, a long tradition of suitability for Muay Thai? :p:neener:

I personally feel safer on the likes of BA, Quantas Air France, KLM; than I do on Thai etc......

Strange choice, the worlds worst air crash i.e. 2 x Jumbo colliding at take off was attributed to the Captain of the KLM jet not listening to his first officer who was trying to tell him take off clearance had not been given!

I'd be far more worried about the state of the aircraft and its maintenance record than in who was flying it.

We all know that shit airlines fall out of the sky more often than good ones (www.airsafe.com).

I just hope that the current spate of new entrants into the Thai airline market don't follow that route as some of them have been buying up some suspiciously old aircraft, long pensioned off by the "proper" airlines.

STH,

It might be time for you to re-read the crap you wrote before, but let me quote from your first contribution in this thread :

quote :

As a general rule most western airlines have better pilots . As mentioned with a lot of oriental airlines bar Cathay Pacific and Singapore the first officer often will not pipe up..... this is particularly the case with Korean Airlines and China Air.....

I personally feel safer on the likes of BA, Quantas Air France, KLM; than I do on Thai etc......

On the topic of female pilots I dont think they can be as good as male pilots, we all know wome are crap drivers

unquote.

Hence the comment from THAIHOME that only white guys can fly....... which this morning made me chuckle and look forward of how you would try to get out of that one.

And you have just made it worse :)

Mai pen rai.

Cheers !

I stand by what I said western airlines have better pilots . Where did I say anything about colour or race of the pilots... I suggest cordially that you and ThaiHome re-read my posts.... I also singled out Cathay and Singapore airlines as being good airlines.... Those in the flight deck of a Singapore liner are Singaporean, ehtnic chinese usually.....

So I'm afraid that in your haste you havent read what I have posted correctly and both you and THAI HOME have ended up with egg on your face.. :nono:

STH

Archived