Thai Pilots... How good in emergency?

MooNoi

On a Thai board the use of the word 'western' equals farang and white, not Cathay nor SIA.....

Suggesting western pilots are better is crap.

Suggesting males are better is crap as well.

Then later you suggested that those in the industry would back you up, they did not.

Standards are the same everywhere. fullstop.

I am just reading what you wrote, thats all, did I misquoted you somewhere ?

You pay for the beer this time.

Cheers !

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BB I said....... "As mentioned with a lot of oriental airlines bar Cathay Pacific and Singapore the first officer often will not pipe up..... this is particularly the case with Korean Airlines and China Air....." never said Cathay or Singapore were western...

People who I have spoken to in the business do agree with me I have to stand by that and my own gut intuition tells me that women will never be as good at piloting an aeroplane as men, they would probably land the aircraft without lowering the wheels or something...

STH

Guest lazyphil

Hi Spirit!

Surely BAA have standards in who can fly over British air space??--I would imagine sub standard pilots would be exempt from flying over us?

Malaysia Airlines got a huge bollocking from the CAA about 4 years ago (?). It transpired that they were bringing 747s into Heathrow without enough fuel. There's some regs about having enough fuel to go to an alternative airport and they were taxiing into T2 on their equivalent of a dry tank.

torrenova said:

I'd be far more worried about the state of the aircraft and its maintenance record than in who was flying it.

We all know that shit airlines fall out of the sky more often than good ones (www.airsafe.com).

I just hope that the current spate of new entrants into the Thai airline market don't follow that route as some of them have been buying up some suspiciously old aircraft, long pensioned off by the "proper" airlines.

Funny you should mention this. I flew on President Air the other week btween BKK and PNPH and the aircraft were old Russian (we could tell by the signage inside the craft) 737s that were way way past their useby date. Given that the Hostees uniforms were threadbare, I doubt that they were spending much on maintenance.

spirit_of_town_hall said:

BB I said....... "As mentioned with a lot of oriental airlines bar Cathay Pacific and Singapore the first officer often will not pipe up..... this is particularly the case with Korean Airlines and China Air....." never said Cathay or Singapore were western...

People who I have spoken to in the business do agree with me I have to stand by that and my own gut intuition tells me that women will never be as good at piloting an aeroplane as men, they would probably land the aircraft without lowering the wheels or something...

STH

SoTH,

oh, oh - it's always nice to see the post of unbiased people. I do not know how you came to the conclusion that Westerners have the better training/education to become an airline pilot. I'm sorry to say it but this is in my eyes rubbish. The same goes for female pilots. There are many airlines where female pilots are a common sight. They aren't worse or better than their male colleagues. They go through the same training and educational program and do not get any credits just because they're female.

I don't know who the people in the business are to whom you've spoken about the better Western pilots and male pilots but to me it seems they're as biased as you. :doah:

SoTH, I don't mean to attack you on this board but with your statements you invite others to correct you.

Archived